Tureano Johnson providing great sparring for Daniel Geale
NEW JERSEY (May 26, 2015) – Gary Shaw Productions middleweight contender, Tureano Johnson (18-1, 13 KOs), is now the chief sparring partner for Daniel Geale (31-3, 16 KOs) as he prepares him for his upcoming WBC title clash with Miguel Cotto (39-4, 32 KOs). Johnson, who captured the WBA International and WBC Silver middleweight titles in his last bout, is currently ranked WBC #2, WBA #5, IBF #8 and WBO #13. He gives his thought on sparring with Geale.
“Daniel Geale is a special fighter who possesses a lot of boxing skills,” said Tuerano Johnson. “He’s looking real sharp in the gym and his power is there. I can feel the snap on his punches and I think Miguel Cotto is in for a big surprise. Everyone is counting Geale out but not me. Gary Shaw brought me in to test Geale’s skills and after a few days of sparring, I believe Daniel will be crowned champion.”
“I brought Tureano to the gym to spar with Geale because he’s a good look to emulate Cotto and he’s one of the top fighters in the middleweight division,” Gary Shaw said. “The feedback I got from Johnson about sparring Geale is very positive. I’m confident that Daniel will use everything in his playbook to come out victorious.”
Tureano Johnson is currently riding a 4-fight winning streak, three of which came by stoppage. Highly ranked across the board of all sanctioning organizations, Johnson is on the cusp of landing a big fight.
More Boxing News:
- Jeff Afori faces Archie Sharp tonight on Frampton vs. Traynor card
- Boxing Results: Felix Cash stops Jason Welborne in 5th round
- Cecilia Braekhus v Jessica McCaskill DAZN Weigh In Results
- Benavidez vs Angulo Weigh In Results – Benavidez Fails to Make Weight!
- Frampton vs Traynor, Conlan vs Takoucht BT Sport / ESPN Weigh In Results
- David Benavidez: Is it time to move up to 175?
- Jean Pascal is Artur Beterbiev’s WBC mandatory at 175
- Hearn hints Fury won’t get same deal with Joshua if he vacates WBC title without fighting Whyte
- David Benavidez 2.8 pounds overweight, loses WBC title for Roamer Angulo fight
- Porter analyzes Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia, expects to fight the winner