Wladimir Klitschko vs. Kubrat Pulev airs Saturday, Nov. 15 on HBO
HBO BOXING AFTER DARK begins early with a special presentation of a heavyweight title showdown when WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO VS. KUBRAT PULEV is seen SATURDAY, NOV. 15 at 4:45 p.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT), exclusively on HBO, with an encore presentation later that day at midnight (ET/PT). The HBO Sports team will capture all the action, which will be available in HDTV, closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired and presented in Spanish on HBO Latino.
Other HBO playdates: Nov. 16 (9:00 a.m.) and 17 (12:30 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Nov. 16 (4:45 p.m.) and 18 (11:00 p.m.)
Reigning world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (62-3, 53 KOs), originally from Ukraine and now fighting primarily in Germany, puts his championship belts on the line against Kubrat Pulev (20-0, 11 KOs), from Sofia, Bulgaria, in a scheduled 12-round title bout from the O2 World Arena in Hamburg, Germany. In his 19th appearance on HBO, the 38-year-old Klitschko will be seeking his 17th consecutive successful heavyweight title defense, which would rank as the third-most behind legendary heavyweight champs Joe Louis, who had 25, and Larry Holmes, with 20.
Pulev, 33, is undefeated as a pro following an amateur career in which he won several European tournaments and gold medals. In Aug. 2013, he defeated American Tony Thompson in a title elimination contest, paving the way to this showdown.
“Fight fans recognize the history, mystique and legacy of the heavyweight championship, and we are delighted to present the world’s premier heavyweight, Wladimir Klitsckho, live on HBO,” says Peter Nelson, vice president, HBO Sports Programming. “Wladimir represents all the great qualities that one embraces in sport. We are looking forward to televising his 17th world title defense live.”
Also that day, HBO Latino presents an exclusive doubleheader from San Antonio at 9:45 p.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT), when Gilberto Ramirez (29-0, 23 KOs) takes on Fulgencio Zuniga (27-9-1, 24 KOs) in a super middleweight bout and Oscar Valdez (13-0, 11 KOs) goes up against Alberto Garza (26-8-1, 21 KOs) in a middleweight contest.
Follow HBO Boxing news at hbo.com/boxing, on Facebook at facebook.com/hboboxing and on Twitter at twitter.com/hboboxing.
All HBO boxing events are presented in HDTV. HBO viewers must have access to the HBO HDTV channel to watch HBO programming in high definition.
® HBO BOXING AFTER DARK is a registered service mark of Home Box Office, Inc.
More Boxing News:
- Eddie Hearn says Joshua vs. Pulev possible for November at O2
- Arum: Joshua vs. Fury isn’t going to happen, Pulev will beat AJ
- Charles Martin ready to REPLACE injured Joshua against Pulev
- Anthony Joshua to rest injured leg 2 to 3 weeks
- Anthony Joshua INJURED, needs 4 to 6 weeks of rest
- Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez moved to October 3 in Las Vegas
- Ryan Garcia dares Golden Boy to RELEASE him if they don’t believe in his abilities
- Floyd Mayweather Jr hinting about an exhibition fight in 2020
- Sergiy Derevyanchenko the #1 option for Canelo Alvarez on Sept.12
- Fury vs. Wilder 3 tickets will be EXPENSIVE for December 19