Molina: A win over Humberto Soto will be put me where I need to be at 140
JOHN MOLINA JR., Junior Welterweight Contender
“A few years back I was just a guy fighting 4-6 rounders and now I’m here today getting ready to fight a great champion.
“You all know how I fight, I come to bring it. I’m going to bring the fireworks for a great show. I know Soto won’t take a backwards step and I wont either.
“We won’t need the judges for this show.
“I’ve had a great camp with my trainer and we added some great tools to my game and we’re ready to put them on display Saturday.
“Humberto Soto is a great champion, he’s experienced at the top level of this game, he’s someone I looked up to and now I get to look across from him in the ring and get it on.
“A win over Soto will put me right where I need to be at 140, whether it’s a rematch with Lucas Matthysse, Adrien Broner or Danny Garcia, that makes this win really important.
“I got my notoriety by taking the scenic route, the back roads and when I get in the ring I try to put it all on the line. I try to put on a show for the people who spend their hard-earned money on these fights.
“It’s been a long exciting road. I didn’t have an extensive amateur career so I had to take the small fights but I made a name for myself and now I’m here at the biggest stage of boxing fighting on a Floyd Mayweather card fighting one of the great past champions of all time in Humberto Soto.”
HUMBERTO SOTO, Junior Welterweight Contender
“I’m very glad to be here on a big showcase again. The winners will be the fans on Saturday night
“Like a true professional I respect John Molina and his team, but in that ring we are enemies and we’re going to put on a great show.
“I know that I am getting into the ring with a quality, tough fighter but I also know that I have my experience in the ring behind me. The years don’t hurt my performance, in fact they add to what I bring into the ring.
“We have studied his fights so we know what to expect. Experience is on our side and that is one of the keys to victory.
“I am very happy to be fighting in Nevada after all of the fights that I have fought. I hope to bring a victory to my fellow Mexican people.
“This could be the fight of the night and I encourage all fans to watch it because they will be in for a treat.
“I am very happy and grateful for this opportunity but I just want to win.”
More Boxing News:
- Dubois – Pfeifer, Joyce – Wallisch: Queensberry Fill Out Summer Schedule
- Carlos Takam – Jerry Forrest this Thursday LIVE on ESPN
- Joshafat Ortiz vs. Joshua Orta this Thursday LIVE on ESPN
- Emmanuel Tagoe targeting Ryan Garcia in WBO 135-lb title eliminator
- Brad Foster – James Beech this Friday LIVE on BT Sport
- Fury vs. Wilder 3 tickets will be EXPENSIVE for December 19
- Vasiliy Lomachenko starts camp for Teofimo Lopez fight
- Terence Crawford with few options for next fight in 2020
- Joseph Parker and Junior Fa locked in negotiations
- Carlos Takam 245.7 lbs vs. Jerry Forrest 225.6 lbs – weigh-in results