Ellerbe and Gomez talk Vazquez-Bey & Angulo-De La Rosa fights
LEONARD ELLERBE, CEO of Mayweather Promotions
“We’re here today to talk about this wonderful undercard; it’s going to be a terrific show.
“It’s never easy to put together an undercard and we did a great job putting together these fights to give the fans the best show possible on Saturday night.
“I believe that Mickey Bey will emerge victorious Saturday night. He’s worked very hard to get here and been through a lot of ups and downs in his career.
“Mickey Bey knows that he has a very tough opponent in Miguel Vazquez who comes into this fight on a 13-match winning streak dating all the way back to his 2008 loss against a terrific fighter in Canelo Alvarez.
“You have to tune in early or get to your seats early so that you don’t miss this great undercard we’ve put together.
ERIC GOMEZ, Senior Vice President of Golden Boy Promotions
“We’re very excited about this undercard. It’s customary for Golden Boy and Floyd Mayweather to put on exciting championship matchups with terrific fighters. We’re very proud of this undercard.
“You want to get out there early tomorrow to see all these prospects and future champions that will be on the card.
“Alfredo Angulo is one of the most popular fighters in the sport. I would say that he might have the best fans in all of boxing. They always support him no matter what, and I’m sure they’ll be out in full force Saturday night.
“A lot of people don’t get the opportunity to fight for a world title. They’re just waiting for that one opportunity. That’s what happened for Manuel Roman, who is finally getting a chance for a world title. He’s put in all the hard work and he’s looking to take full advantage.
“The word star gets thrown around a lot in boxing. There’s very few in the sport, but everyone, the garbageman, the milkman, everyone wants to know when Leo Santa Cruz is going to fight again. He’ll fight anyone, that’s just the kind of guy he is.”
More Boxing News:
- “Macho: The Hector Camacho Story” on Dec. 4 – Showtime
- Kambosos Jr: “Lee Selby Will Retire After This Fight!”
- Tommy Fury demoralized after training with SugarHill
- Adrien Broner gives Redkach the Mayweather treatment
- Farooq vs. Tecuapetla on Usyk vs Chisora DAZN undercard
- Joshua knows Usyk is a real threat to him says Oleksandr’s co-promoter
- Jaime Munguia vs. Tureano Johnson – preview & prediction for Oct.30
- ESPN ranks Terence Crawford #1 pound-for-pound, above Errol Spence
- Eddie Hearn blew chance to ink Tyson Fury in 2017
- Gary Russell Jr wants Miguel Berchelt at 130, asks WBC to order fight