Anthony Dirrell: You can’t call Bika a real champion, I beat him already
SAKIO BIKA, WBC Super Middleweight Champion
“He ran around the first fight and I should have won. It’s nothing new for me to fight in the States and I just have to go there and knock him out so there’s no need for a judges’ decision.
“I don’t need to sit here and talk much. He’s doing enough of that for the both of us. We’ll see who’s doing the talking after I get through with him on Saturday night.”
ANTHONY DIRRELL, Undefeated Super Middleweight Contender
“I’m definitely ready to fight. If I wasn’t I sure couldn’t make it happen in two days. I’m basically going to stick to my game plan from the first fight, but with a few tweaks. I want to leave nothing to chance.
“It’s been nine months since our first fight. You can’t call Bika a real champion. I beat him the first time; this time it’s going to be worse. There’s going to be a new champion on Saturday. It’s going to be a helluva fight, but I’m going to burn him.
“I already won my toughest fight when I beat cancer. A big part of my motivation on Saturday is knowing that Danny Jacobs [a fellow cancer survivor who captured the WBA middleweight title last Saturday on SHOWTIME] will be calling the fights from ringside for SHOWTIME.”
OMAR FIGUEROA JR., WBC Lightweight World Champion
“This is the hardest I’ve ever trained for a fight and now I’m back on one of boxing’s biggest stages. I know Estrada likes to come forward so that should make for an exciting fight for the fans.
“This is another very big fight for me. This fight is for my family and all my friends back in Texas.
“I expect a rough fight, but I know I will win.”
DANIEL ESTRADA, Leading Lightweight Contender
“I’m dedicating this fight to my family and the memory of my younger sister, Janyn, and her five-year-old daughter, Emery, who died after they were in a car crash less than three weeks ago.
“It’s been a very difficult, emotional time for all of us. My sister, who was 27, has always been my biggest supporter in boxing. She always told me that if I continued to work hard I would make it to the top and become a world champion.
“I’m using what she always said to me as motivation for this fight. As bad as we all feel, there was never really a time when I thought I would abandon this opportunity. I know she would want me to take the fight.
“I’ve been waiting a year to fight for the title and on Saturday I’m going to take advantage of my shot. I recognize Figueroa as a great champion for what he brings to the sport, but I’m a Mexican warrior. I’ll show you all that on Saturday.”
More Boxing News:
- Boxing Results: Angelo Leo Becomes New WBO Jr. Featherweight World Champion
- Photos / Results: Cheeseman beats Eggington, Tennyson victorious
- Boxing Results: Lyndon Arthur vs. Dec Spelman, Agyarko Wins
- McGregor vs. Walker on Aug. 26, live in the US on ESPN+
- Vladimir Shishkin headlines ‘Detroit Brawl At The Legendary Kronk’ on Aug. 20
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Devin Haney will clear out 135 & 140-lb divisions says Mickey Bey
- Canelo Alvarez: Who will he fight next on September 12th?
- Oscar De La Hoya frustrated with Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell negotiations
- Roy Jones Jr looking sharp in training for Mike Tyson