Milton Santiago vs. William Lorenzo this Friday night in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA (MARCH 10, 2014)–This Friday night at the Pennsylvania Sheet Metal Workers Hall in Philadelphia, 17-year old phenom, Milton “El Santo” Santiago will make look for his 3rd in win in as many fights when he takes on 17-fight veteran William Lorenzo in a scheduled four round Jr. Welterweight bout as part of an 8 bout card.
Santiago, a Junior at Warmisnter High Scool began his career with a 1st round stoppage over Moses Molina on February 7th and just two weeks later Christian Damiels suffered the same fate in Dover, Delaware.
Santiago is the youngest boxer from the state of Pennsylvania.
Now as he embarks on his 3rd contest, Santiago has his feet wet as a professional.
“It feels good now as a i was a little nervous before my first fight,” said Santiago.
“Half of the people where there for me and I started to feel good after the first punch.”
“I was very confident going in and landed a few good punches and then finished him off.”, said Santiago of his maiden victory.
On facing Lorenzo, who has fought eight undefeated opponents and is coming off of a 4th round stoppage win over Julian Valerio on December 21st, “He has been in there with some good competition and I just have to keep my hands up and not take him lightly.”
Santiago will not be overwhelmed as he prepares for his 3rd fight in just over a month while he finds time to do his schoolwork.
“It is a good thing to stay busy. I stay in the gym and my timing is good.”
“I am getting ready and I feel strong and I can not wait until March 14th.”
Headlining the card will be Battlestrong Boxing’s Derek “Pooh” Ennis (23-4-1) battling Emil Gonzalez (11-6-1, 8 KO’s) in a 6 round Middleweight bout.
More Boxing News:
- UFC Star Khabib: “Usyk Not Like Other Heavyweights”
- Mario Barrios, Ryan Karl training camp quotes
- UK BROADCAST DETAILS: Crawford-Brook to Air LIVE on Premier Sports 1
- McCarthy vs. Laggoune on Usyk – Chisora undercard
- Results / Photos: Sergey Lipinets and Clayton fight to majority draw
- Oleksandr Usyk ready to “explode” against Dereck Chisora on Saturday
- VIDEO: Floyd is Right – Too many belts in Boxing
- Opinion: PPVs and Subscriptions – The Cost of Consuming Boxing
- Dave Allen taking risky fight against Christopher Lovejoy on Saturday
- Kell Brook – The Last Dance!