Don George in action on 4/18
Chicago, IL (March 7, 2014) Super middleweight contender Donovan “DA BOMB” George will not be fighting tonight, MARCH 7 in Chicago as was previously announced by his co-promoters, Chicago’s Hitz Boxing and Round 3 Productions.
George was to have made his highly anticipated return to battle in the main event at the Horseshoe Casino presented FIGHT NIGHT at The Belvedere in Elk Grove Village, however the action-packed card will still take place.
“It’s very frustrating that we were unable to find a suitable opponent for Donovan to fight on Friday night” said Bobby Hitz, President of Hitz Boxing. “We had five different boxers lined up each of whom would have provided for an exciting, fan friendly bout but unfortunately the Illinois State Athletic Commission refused to allow any of them to face Donovan, thereby robbing the fans of seeing a terrific fight.”
Added Hitz, “The commission’s actions seem to be arbitrary in this case and were not fully articulated to me this week. In my 25 years of promoting in Chicago this has truly been one of the most trying periods
in putting a fight together.”
George will return to action in the Chicago area on Friday, April 18 at the next Hitz Boxing/Round 3 Productions event at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond, Indiana.
“Donovan is the most popular fighter in Chicago and while this has been a tough week for him we’re confident that he will return to the ring in fine form on April 18 and ready to put on a spectacular performance” said Frank Mugnolo of Round 3 Productions.
ABOUT HITZ BOXING
Since its debut in 1991, Hitz Boxing has been the Midwest’s leading boxing promoter. Led by Bobby Hitz, who boasted a 21-4 record with 18 KO’s as a boxer, Hitz Boxing is the longest running boxing promoter in the Chicago area dating back to the bi-monthly boxing series the “Ramada Rumble,” held at the former Rosemont Ramada Inn.
The organization currently promotes the wildly popular “Fight Night at the Horseshoe” at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond, IN and is the subject of the actuality show “Hitz Boxing,” a web series that has amassed over 5 million Internet views.
Over the years the organization has produced matches that have included some of the top names in boxing such as James Toney, Antonio Tarver, Montell Griffin, Iran Barkley, Andrew Golota and “Fast Fres Oquendo.
ABOUT ROUND 3 PRODUCTIONS
Round 3 Productions was formed in 2011 by lifelong Chicago resident Frank Mugnolo and has quickly become one of the premier boxing promotional firms in the United States.
Making their mark quickly, Round 3 Productions guided current #1 ranked light heavyweight contender Andrzej “The Polish Prince” Fonfara to his first world title (International Boxing Organization) in November 2012.
While continuing to retain a substantial financial interest in Fonfara, Round 3 Productions has teamed with Chicago’s Hitz Boxing to sign perennial super middleweight contender Donovan “Da Bomb” George to an exclusive promotional contract with more signings of Chicago’s finest to come.
From the packed houses at the UIC Pavilion to the unprecedented pro boxing event at U.S. Cellular Field, Home of the Chicago White Sox on August 16, 2013, Round 3 Productions has become a proven leader in the sport of boxing.
More Boxing News:
- Oscar De La Hoya presents Joshua Franco his WBA 115-lb title
- Cecilia Brækhus defends against Jessica McCaskill this Saturday, Aug.15 on DAZN
- Jason Welborn vs Felix Cash on Aug. 14, Live on DAZN & Sky
- Whyte Povetkin Undercard Update
- Jono Carroll vs. Maxi Hughes on August 12, Live on ESPN+
- Arum has Kell Brook as Crawford’s Plan-B if no Pacquiao fight
- Emanuel Navarrete vs. Jessie Magdaleno on Oct.17th/24th for vacant WBO 126lb title
- Naoya Inoue vs. Jason Moloney in the works for ESPN/ESPN+
- Tyson Fury won’t be fighting Dillian Whyte in 2021 says Warren
- Luke Campbell vs. Ryan Garcia have reached an agreement for November fight on DAZN