Salido-Lomachenko judges and referee announced
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO- World Boxing Organization (WBO), by president Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, announced today the referees and judges who will work this Saturday, March 1st, in the world title defenses of the champions Orlando “Siri” Salido, Ricky Burns and Robert Stieglitz, to be held in United States, Scotland and Germany, respectively.
At the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, WBO featherweight champion Siri Salido (40-12-2, 28 KOs), will make the first defense of the belt he won last October with a knockout victory over Orlando Cruz, when he faces multiple Olympic and World Medalist in amateur boxing, Ukrainian Vasyl Lomachenko (1-0, 1 KOs), who is looking to make history by becoming world champion in only his second professional fight. The referee for this bout is Laurence Cole.
The judges for Salido-Lomachenko, a Top Rank presentation to be broadcast on HBO, will be Jack Reiss, Levi Martinez and Oren Schellenberger, all three from United States. The WBO supervisor for this fight will be Richard De Cuir.
Meanwhile, at the Scottish Exhibition Centre in Glasgow, Scotland, the WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns (36-2 , 11 KOs), who came off a draw last September against Raymundo Beltran when he was injured, will make his fifth defense when he faces #1 ranked Terence Crawford (22-0, 16 KOs ), from United States, in a presentation of Matchroom Boxing. The referee here will be Luis Pabon, from Puerto Rico.
The judges for this bout are Zoltan Enyedi, from of Hungary, Alejandro Lopez Cid, from Mexico and Salven Lagumbay, from Philippines. The WBO supervisor for this fight will be Istvan “Koko” Kovacs.
Then in a Steinforth Sport Events presentation to be held at the GETEC Arena in Magdeburg, Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany, WBO supermiddleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (46-3 , 26 KOs) will defend his title for the third time against former world champion Arthur Abraham (38-4 , 28 KOs), in their third confrontation. The referee for this fight will be Puerto Rican Genaro “Gino” Rodriguez.
The judges for the Stieglitz-Abraham fight are Michael Pernick and Clark Sammartino, from United States and Paul Thomas, from United Kingdom. The WBO supervisor for this bout will be the president Paco Valcarcel.
More Boxing News:
- UFC Star Khabib: “Usyk Not Like Other Heavyweights”
- Mario Barrios, Ryan Karl training camp quotes
- UK BROADCAST DETAILS: Crawford-Brook to Air LIVE on Premier Sports 1
- McCarthy vs. Laggoune on Usyk – Chisora undercard
- Chris Algieri: Lomachenko isn’t slipping; he’s in the wrong weight class
- Oleksandr Usyk ready to “explode” against Dereck Chisora on Saturday
- Dave Allen taking risky fight against Christopher Lovejoy on Saturday
- VIDEO: Floyd is Right – Too many belts in Boxing
- Opinion: PPVs and Subscriptions – The Cost of Consuming Boxing
- Kell Brook – The Last Dance!