Pacquiao – Mayweather: A Fight for Charity?
By Simon Sheppard: Floyd Mayweather Jr. said – “Pacquiao wants Floyd to solve his problems”
On a recent article on a local news network Inquirer, Manny Pacquiao has emphasized the fact that he is not just in it for the money in wanting to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr.
“I am ready to submit myself to any kind of stringent drug testing. Above all, I challenge him to include in our fight contract that both of us will not receive anything out of this fight. We will donate all the proceeds of the fight – guaranteed prize, should there be any, gate receipts, pay-per-view and endorsements – to charities around the world,” Pacquiao dared.
It’s all just about the fans
He just wants to give boxing fans around the world what they want. He said – “I’m not desperate to fight him just for the sake of money or material things. I’m not the one seeking this fight, rather it’s the boxing fans all over the world”
If this fight gets made with that condition, it will be a historic milestone in the sports. It will be a positive legacy for both fighters. And this will surely put boxing on the world stage again, gaining worldwide publicity, apart from the epic nature of the fight itself, but due to the fact that both will not be getting any money, none whatsoever for the fight but instead will donate all of the generated revenue to charity, as Pacquiao suggested.
Question – will Floyd finally agree?
So there you have it folks, Pacquiao finally broke his silence on the issue that Floyd brought up in saying that Pacquiao is financially despperate.
A fight for charity, an awesome concept…so how about it Floyd?
More Boxing News:
- Thurman still mentally struggling from his loss to Pacquiao
- Teofimo Lopez reacts to Mayweather fighting Logan Paul
- Logan Paul not denying Floyd Mayweather fight happening
- Thurman wants Pacquiao, Crawford, Brook, Porter & Mikey Garcia
- Conor McGregor says he carried Floyd Mayweather 3 years ago
- Boxing Results: Erickson Lubin decisions Terrell Gausha; Jaron Ennis KOs Abreu
- Boxing Results: Jose Pedraza defeats Javier Molina, Efe Ajagba Decisions Rice
- Daniel Jacobs could face Gabe Rosado or John Ryder in the fall
- Hearn wants Wilder to speak up about Fury fight
- Chisora responds to Usyk while taking body shots from David Haye