Golovkin-Adama two days away
Monte Carlo (January 31, 2014) The Gennady Golovkin/Osumanu Adama World Middleweight Championship this Saturday, FEBRUARY 1 will be shown in over 100 countries, it was announced today by the promoters of Monte Carlo Boxing Bonanza.
Said Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions, “The interest in this world title defense by Gennady against Osumanu Adama has truly been overwhelming. The event will be shown live during prime-time in Europe, Asia and South Africa which has become very important with Gennady’s status as an international superstar in the sporting world.”
“We’re grateful for the assistance from Lowell Conn and the team at Octapixx LIVE in the international distribution of this world class event to the millions of boxing fans who will be watching” said Rodney Berman of Golden Gloves of South Africa.
Hall of Fame Ring Announcer Michael Buffer will handle the ceremonies for the Golovkin/Adama main event.
Below is a list of the major territories and their respective broadcast outlets for the viewing of the Monte Carlo Boxing Bonanza on Saturday. Boxing fans are encouraged to check with their local networks for exact starting times.
Australia–Main Event PPV
Baltic States–Viasat Sport Baltic
Canada–The Fight Network
Czech Republic–Sport 1
France / Belgium–Ma Chaine Sport
Germany– SAT 1
Middle East–beIN Sport
Russia–Channel One Russia
Spain–Canal+ /Sogecable PPV
Golovkin, 28-0-0 (25KO”s), will defend his WBA/IBO world titles in the main event of Monte Carlo Boxing Bonanza for his return to Monaco at the Salles des Etoiles.
On March 30, 2013, Golovkin knocked out former world champion Nobuhiro Ishida in the third round in Monaco, a devastating stoppage that earned accolades of “Knockout of the Year” from Yahoo Sports. His outstanding performances in 2013 (four knockout victories) also earned him “Fighter of the Year” honors from USA Today.
Golovkin has stopped 15 opponents in a row and holds the highest KO percentage among all active world champions in boxing in addition to the highest in middleweight division history.
Adama, 22-3-0 (16KO’s), has previously challenged then IBF Middleweight Titlist Daniel Geale in March 2012, losing a close decision in Australia.
Monte Carlo Boxing Bonanza is presented by Golden Gloves of South Africa, K2 Promotions, GGG Promotions and SBM Monte Carlo.
More Boxing News:
- Boxing Results: Jamal James defeats Thomas Dulorme
- Boxing Results: Terri Harper and Natasha Jonas fight to a 10-round draw
- Fox Sports and PBC announce blockbuster schedule for 2020
- Jose Ramirez vs. Viktor Postol on August 29 LIVE on ESPN+
- McCaskill: Beating Braekhus Leads To More Mega-Fights
- Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr postponed until November 28
- Jay Harris: “Martinez Fight Announced Me on The Big Stage”
- Erislandy Lara vs. Greg Vendetti on August 29 on Fox
- Froch says Mike Tyson could gas after 4 rounds against Roy Jones Jr
- Ryan Garcia’s adviser returns fire at Bob Arum over criticism