Juan Manuel Lopez on target for Mikey Garcia
CAGUAS, PUERTO RICO- Former superbantamweight and featherweight world champion Juan Manuel “Juanma” Lopez weighed today 130 ½ pounds seven days before the official weigh in for his bout against the World Boxing Organization (WBO) champion Miguel Angel “Mikey” Garcia on June 15 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas in a Top Rank presentation to be broadcasted on HBO.
The Puerto Rico Professional Boxing Comision held today it seven day weigh in for Juanma Lopez (33-2, 30 KOs), who was supposed to weighed a 132.3 pounds maximum- 5% over the featherweight limit, but he weighed 130 ½ pounds.
“This is what we were expecting. I wanted to make 128 pounds today, but my nutritionist told me that 130 or 131 was good and we make it”, said Juanma Lopez, who were going to train after the pre weigh in. “We expect to be in 129 pounds when we travel on Monday to Dallas, to work there for the 126”.
Juanma Lopez, who is the #4 ranked by the WBO in the featherweight division, come off two KO wins in February and April, 2013, over Aldimar Silva Santos and Eugenio Lopez, respectively.
“I feel so good, I’m doing five meals daily and we are working hard in the gym to get the best condition”, Juanma Lopez said.
Mikey Garcia (31-0, 26 KOs) come off a spectacular win over Orlando Salido to win the WBO featherweight belt on January 19, when he sent Salido four times to the canvas. Garcia won by technical decision in nine rounds when he hurted his nose after an accidental headbutt and didn’t continue the fight.
Juanma Lopez will fly to Dallas this Monday, June 10, along with his manager Orlando Piñero and trainers Alex Caraballo and Freddy Trinidad.
More Boxing News:
- Ricky Burns still has ‘a year or two left’ of remarkable story
- CES Boxing & Boston Boxing Offer Mike Tyson $1,000,000
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- Dillian Whyte and Francis Ngannou meet in press conference on Saturday
- Joshua Buatsi and Callum Johnson speak on ‘The Boxing Show’
- Dana White says Dillian Whyte vs. Francis Ngannou epress conference NOT happening
- Spence vs. Garcia, Tank Davis vs. Santa Cruz & Chocolatito vs. Estrada 2 planned for U.S boxing return
- Ryan Garcia: Teofimo Lopez is desperate as they come
- Tyson Fury ahead of Anthony Joshua in Forbes’ highest paid athletes list
- Ivan Baranchyk vs. Jose Zepeda on July 7 on ESPN in Las Vegas