Joan Guzman vs. Vicente Mosquera this Friday, June 28th in Kissimmee, Florida
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (June 23, 2013) – Two-time, two-division World Champion, Joan “Little Tyson” Guzman (33-1-1, 20 KOs) will be seeking redemption this Friday night (June 28), fighting Panamanian boxer Vicente “El Loco” Mosquera (32-2-1, 17 KOs) for the interim World Boxing Association (WBA) junior welterweight title fight, in Kissimmee, Florida.
The 12-round Guzman-Mosquera main event will be broadcast throughout America on “Boxeo Telemundo,” starting at 11:30 pm. ET.
Guzman, fighting out of Miami, suffered the only loss of his career last November, when he was unable to continue fighting in the eighth round of his eighth world title fight, due to suffering a serious leg injury from an unintentional foul, which resulted in a loss for Guzman by split eight-round decision to (76-75, 75-76, 75-76) to Kjabib Allakhverdiev (18-0) for the vacant World Boxing Association (WBA) light welterweight championship.
“I’m 100-percent recovered from my injury,” Guzman said from his Miami training camp. “I’m looking forward to showing the boxing world that I’m still a force to be reckoned with.”
A 1996 Dominican Republic Olympian, Guzman is the Captain of Team Acquniity Sports. “All of our fighters respect and look up to Joan,” Acquinity sports Vice President of Boxing operations Henry Rivalta stressed, “especially young Dominicans like IBF world super featherweight champion Argenis Mendez, Lenin Castillo, Felix Diaz, Claudio Marrero, and Juan Carlos Payano. All of us would like nothing more than for Juan to win another world championship. This isn’t Guzman’s last hurrah, by any means. We know that he has a lot left in his tank.”
The 37-year-old Guzman has defeated a virtual Who’s Who list of world-class fighters in the featherweight through light welterweight divisions during his illustrious 16-year professional boxing career: Ali Fundeka, Humberto Soto, Jorge Rodrigo Barrios, Javier Jauregui and Fernando Beltran.
Doors open at 7:30 p.m. ET, first bell at 8:30 p.m. ET. Tickets are available for sale, starting at a very affordable $20.00, at the Kissimmee Civic Center, 201 Dakin Ave. in downtown Kissimmee, or by calling 407-935-1412.
More Boxing News:
- Results / Photos: Sergey Lipinets and Clayton fight to majority draw
- Dave Allen vs. Christopher Lovejoy on Oct.31 on Usyk-Chisora card on DAZN
- Video: Gervonta Davis vs. Leo Santa Cruz – All Access Episode 2
- Derek Chisora says Usyk is in store for the “fright of his life”
- Saunders Vs. Murray Lands On December 4 in London
- Boxing Results: Sergey Lipinets and Custio Clayton ends in 12-round draw
- Devin Haney reacts to Mayweather saying “too many belts”
- Hearn says Glowacki- Okolie and Ryder-Lemieux possible for Joshua-Pulev card on Dec.12
- Gervonta Davis: Teofimo Lopez’s win over Lomachenko wasn’t convincing
- Tyson Fury reaffirms he’s fighting on December 5th in London