Ward’s trainer: Andre would beat Froch and Kessler on the same night
Andre Ward seen here showing his impressive inside fighting skills here against Carl Froch By Scott Gilfoid: Virgil Hunter, the trainer for WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward, believes that Carl Froch’s promoter Eddie Hearn would be making a huge mistake if he were to put Froch back in with Ward for a second go round after how easily Ward handled Froch two years ago in beating him by a 12 round decision.
In fact, Hunter sees Ward easily beating Froch and Mikkel Kessler on the same night in back to back fights if there was a way of setting something like that up. George Foreman fought five guys in one night in his mid-20s, so it’s not impossible.
Hunter said to the dailystar.co.uk “Carl would be a fool to fight him. Andre would beat him. In fact, he would beat both Carl and Mikkel on the same night. Andre would knock them both out.”
I hate to say it but I totally agree with you, Mr. Hunter. I think Ward would totally school Froch and knock him out when misses one of his shots and makes that amateur 360 move where he tries spinning completely around like he did against Kessler last Saturday night.
Even Froch’s British fans were murmuring in the crowd when they saw Froch pull that move because it’s not something you see from a pro.
The thing with Froch is he’s not going to have to be the bad guy here. His promoter Eddie Hearn will be the one that comes out and says that Froch can’t fight Ward because he’s not popular enough or he doesn’t sell tickets. Froch’s loyal fan base will likely drink up the excuse and not see it for what it is – Hearn keeping Froch away from a second fight with Andre Ward.
Froch has already set up a condition that Ward needs to meet in order for him to fight him again and that’s by coming to the UK to fight Froch. I bet you if Ward says yes to that request, Hearn still agree to let Froch fight Ward. He’ll steer Froch into safer waters, just watch and see.
More Boxing News:
- Andre Ward says Tyson Fury made MISTAKE announcing Joshua fight, giving Wilder motivation
- Andre Ward: ‘Shakur Stevenson has NO ceiling’
- Andre Ward talks Shakur Stevenson win over Caraballo
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Carl Froch And Barker Talk Fighting On The Road In ‘The Rounds’
- Terence Crawford NOT getting Kell Brook fight
- Mike Tyson may have unfinished business
- Hearn against letting Tony Bellew make a comeback
- Chris Eubank Jr: I’m looking to DESTROY Canelo
- Amir Khan to Marcos Maidana: “Let’s do it again”