Mayweather defeats Guerrero; Mares stops De Leon
The final judges’ scores were 117-111, 117-111, 117-111.
Mayweather was able to land his right hand pot shots at will against the slower upright Guerrero. The only time Guerrero could land was when Mayweather would voluntarily back up to the ropes to give Guerrero a shot at trying to land.
In the 8th round, Mayweather landed at will to the head of Guerrero and ended up cutting him on the left eye. Had Guerrero looked like a beaten fighter in that round, but Mayweather backed off in the 9th and didn’t throw as many punches.
In the 12th, Mayweather mostly moved around the ring to ride out the decision while the crowd booed at times. Guerrero desperately tries to catch up to him but the only punches he could land was when Mayweather was in a clinch against him, which was pretty much how it was the entire fight. After the bell sounded, Guerrero landed a right hand that was clearly after the bell, but it was no use.
This fight was so one-sided that it wasn’t even interesting to watch because Guerrero was a huge step down from Mayweather’s last opponent Miguel Cotto.
Guerrero simply didn’t have the hand speed do to anything in this fight.
Other boxing action on the card:
Abner Mares TKO Daniel Ponce De Leon
Leo Santa Cruz TKO 5 Alexander Munoz
J’Leon Love SD 10 Gabriel Rosado
Ronald Gavril TKO 3 Roberto Yong
Luis Arias UD 6 DonYil Livingston
Badou Jack TKO 3 Michael Gbenga
Lanell Bellows TKO 4 Matt Garretson
More Boxing News:
- David Avanesyan vs. Josh Kelly on Feb.20th
- Savannah Marshall sets her sights on Crews-Dezurn, Cederroos and Claressa Shields
- Boxing Results: Kosei Tanaka Stopped in the 8th Round, Losing Bid to Become Fastest Four Division Champion
- The lowdown on the ‘Bridgerweight’ Division
- Bernard Hopkins: De La Hoya beats Golovkin, GGG losing power
- Eddie Hearn: Joshua vs. Fury could be signed in 4 weeks
- Amir Khan vs. Kell Brook: Is this a cash-out fight?
- Can Mikey Garcia work a deal with Terence Crawford?