DeGale says he is ready for Groves or Froch
By Rusty Nate: James DeGale is fresh back from his trip to Quebec in Canada and a 2nd round stoppage win over a fighter with a losing record and no reputation to speak of. He has decided to let the world know that he is ready for a “huge” domestic clash with either George Groves or Carl Froch.
DeGale also made public the news that he would be fighting again very soon, this time in Bluewater, England against Stjepan Bozic (26-6(3ko) who we all know is the Croatian Superstar of Boxing!
I don’t know what they put in the water where James DeGale trains but he seems to be seriously deluded if he believes that he has anything at all to offer at the level of Carl Froch or even George Groves.
Since their domestic grudge match in which Groves took a close but ultimately deserved split decision both fighters seem to have gone in different directions. Both of them have had 5 fights since that night. Groves has accumulated a list of 5 fighters that show a clear improvement in caliber and skill level and has looked more impressive each time he has stepped into the ring. What I don’t understand is why DeGale seems to have gone backwards? It’s not like he was exposed against Groves, it was a very close fight between two evenly match fighters. There was no shame in losing and no “rebuilding” really needed.
DeGale is clearly a talented fighter, you don’t win Olympic medals unless you have a great grasp of the boxing fundamental skills. He was easily Groves’ hardest fight of his career, although nerves probably played a big part on both sides of that match. Why is he being flown over to Canada to fight an 8 rounder against the likes of Sebastian Demers? He is the WBC Silver Champion for god’s sake! (I know that doesn’t mean much but surely it means your not fighting 8 rounders anymore at least)
James DeGale needs to have a serious sit down with who ever on his promotions & management team is making these decisions and tell them to sort it out pretty quickly! He is currently in no position to make challenges to Groves, Froch or any other Super Middleweight until he starts to progress his career rather than going backwards.
PS: for the American’s that maybe don’t know, Bluewater in England is a shopping center, NOT a boxing or sporting arena. That tells you all yo need to know about the matches DeGale is fighting.
More Boxing News:
- Froch says Mike Tyson could gas after 4 rounds against Roy Jones Jr
- Froch: Whyte would give Fury as tough a fight as Joshua
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Carl Froch And Barker Talk Fighting On The Road In ‘The Rounds’
- Anthony Joshua responds to Carl Froch’s complaining about P4P list
- Errol Spence Jr motivated by the doubters
- Charlo vs. Derevyanchenko and Jermell vs Rosario preview & prediction
- Josh Taylor vs. Apinun Khongsong this Saturday on Sept.26
- Sergiy Derevyanchenko training camp quotes for Saturday against Jermall Charlo
- Kell Brook: I can hurt Terence Crawford 100%