McGirt Training facility grand opening
NUTLEY, NJ (APRIL 8, 2013)—This past Thursday, The state of the art McGirt Training facility had its grand opening ribbon cutting ceremony.
The facility will be a gym and will also house the offices of GH3 Promotions and Greg Cohen Promotions is already a hit In the community and political leaders joined members of the boxing community at the Grand Opening.
The main trainer will be former world champion James “Buddy” McGirt, who will train not only professionals but some of the best amateurs in the country.
The McGirt Training Facility is an extension of the Elite Heat Boxing Gym that is located in Newark.
Said Buddy McGirt, “This is great. I want to thank Vito Mielnicki of GH3 Promotions and Greg Cohen for the opportunity for me to come home. There is a lot of great talent here and I not only look forward to working with the professionals but the many great youngsters that have a lot of potential to become professionals in the years to come”
“There was an overflow of talent and kids at the our Elite Heat Gym”, said Vito Mielnicki
“There is a lot of top notch professional and amateur talent in this area and it’s great to add Buddy with our Elite Heat trainers Wali Moses and Robert Griffin”
“We are trying to make this gym a farm system to GH3 and Greg Cohen Promotions. We are taking a grass roots approach to boxing where we can mold young men and woman and keep them off the streets but teach them discipline through boxing and to have a world champion like Buddy McGirt and has since gone on to become one of the top trainers in the sport gives us a lot of credibility and a guy commands the respect of any aspiring boxer”
Also in attendance was the honorable mayor Alphonse Petracco.
The Facility will also house the Ediroc Store which will sell state of the art boxing equipment.
More Boxing News:
- Jack Culcay takes on Abass Baraou in Berlin, Germany on Aug. 28
- British Boxing: Fight Night Boxing Schedules Announced
- Boxing Results: Jose Pedraza Dominates LesPierre
- Statements from A. Serrano and manager regarding a demand from Eddie Hearn
- Zepeda vs. Castaneda & Takam vs. Forrest on week 5 of ESPN summer series
- Terence Crawford NOT getting Kell Brook fight
- Mike Tyson may have unfinished business
- Hearn against letting Tony Bellew make a comeback
- Chris Eubank Jr: I’m looking to DESTROY Canelo
- Amir Khan to Marcos Maidana: “Let’s do it again”