Ermano Fegatilli ready for a big year in 2013
On Friday March 29th, Ermano Fegatilli (27-5-0 5 KO’s) needed to make a statement – and boy did he deliver with a lopsided 8 round thrashing of French veteran Karim Chakim (25-9-0 11 KO’s) at the Topsporthal in Liege, Belgium.
Chakim lied on the retreat from the opening bell, eating Ermano’s sharply angled punches at will. After the final bell went off, Chakim looked a defeated man, unable to land any substantial blows on the actively adjusting Fegatilli.
For Fegatilli this finally exerted revenge, Chakim beat Fegatilli in a 2006 bout, which Fegatilli did later avenge with an edgy split decision verdict. This was conclusive, and it punctuated on “ll’Dottore” and his massive improvements in the last near-decade.
It’s a new era for Ermano Fegatilli, he is reaching for the stars. To fully embrace the fighting spirit, he has already scheduled his next three bouts. The first fight will be on May 31st in Antwerp, Belgium for six rounds. The next will be on June 22nd in Grammont, Belgium, Scheduled for eight rounds. Finally, on the 23rd of August in Ostend, Belgium he is set for another eight-rounder.
After this phase of phase of vigorous momentum throttling activity Ermano Fegatilli will be ready to participate on the WBC tournament sometime in the middle of fall. Not much can be released on that subject as of now although it is known his first opponent will be Benin-based Justin Savi (27-2-0 18 KO’s). If he would win this tournament he’d but at the doorstep of titlist Gamaliel Diaz and mandated for a world title shot.
Ermano Fegatilli realizes at 28 he is likely about to hit his physical peak. With an intelligent boxer-puncher craft he may not always spark the highlight reel but he will show his opponent who is the best man in the ring. When it is all said and down – that’s all that matters for him to rise to greatness.
Ermano wants to thank his manager Mirco Giuliani, he really does a great job (With his career). His promoter Claude Van Heede and Olivier Orlans who organize great fights with him, and of course his coaches, Albert Syben, Renald de Vulder and Sandro Menconi! Ermano will be returning from a short vacation to Cuba very soon to begin training camp for his May 31st bout.
More Boxing News:
- Photos / Results: Zepeda Defeats Castaneda
- Jamel Herring – Jonathan Oquendo Headlines July 14
- Frank Warren brings British boxing back to life this Friday night on BT Sport
- Jack Culcay takes on Abass Baraou in Berlin, Germany on Aug. 28
- British Boxing: Fight Night Boxing Schedules Announced
- Gervonta Davis wants Ryan Garcia vs. Luke Campbell winner
- Boxing Results: Jose Zepeda defeats Kendo Castaneda
- Jose Ramirez vs. Viktor Postol in August; Josh Taylor vs. Apinun Khongsong in Aug/Sep
- Ryan Garcia: My return is coming
- John Riel Casimero needs a tune-up while waiting for Naoya Inoue