Jonathan Gonzalez in action on Mijares-Terrazas on April 20th in Mexico
SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO- Undefeated Jonathan “Bomba” Gonzalez is back to the ring as soon as on April 20 in the show to be held at the Arena Ciudad de Mexico, headlined by the world title clash between Cristian Mijares and Victor Terrazas where there are also in action Juan Manuel “Juanma” Lopez and McJoe Arroyo, in a Promociones Zanfer presentation in association with Top Rank and PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP).
Gonzalez (12-0, 11 KOs) will fight in replacement of McWilliams Arroyo, who injured his right hand during training. Gonzalez, who is the World Boxing Organization (WBO) flyweight Youth champion and is ranked #14 by the WBO, come off a third round TKO win over Joseph Rios on March 23 in Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico.
“After McWilliams (Arroyo) injured his hand and see that he can’t fight, we talked to Bomba Gonzalez, who come off a fight recently, and we decided to put him in this show on April 20”, Peter Rivera, PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP) Vice-President, said. “Now, we have Bomba Gonzalez, Juanma Lopez and McJoe Arroyo, as the Puerto Rican fighters to be in action in that card in Mexico”.
Gonzalez, an Amateur Youth World Champion in 2008 and Gold Medalist in the 2010 Central American and Caribbean Games, will fight against a foe to be named in a flyweight bout scheduled to 10 rounds.
In this card, the former two time WBO champion Juanma Lopez (32-2, 29 KOs) will face Brazilian William Prado (20-3-1, 13 KOs), in a fight scheduled to 10 rounds in a 128 pounds limit. Lopez come off a ninth round TKO victory over Brazilian Aldimar Silva Santos on February 2, in Puerto Rico. Actually, Lopez is ranked #6 by the WBO in the featherweight division.
Meanwhile, McJoe Arroyo (12-0, 7 KOs), the IBF Latino superflyweight champion, will fight versus former IBF superflyweight champion Rodrigo “Gatito” Guerrero (18-4-1, 12 KOs) in an IBF eliminatory fight, scheduled to 10 rounds. Actually, McJoe Arroyo is the #8 WBO and #14 IBF ranked in the superflyweights, while Guerrero is ranked #4 in the IBF.
Headlining this show, former world champion Cristian Mijares (47-6-2, 22 KOs) will fight against Victor Terrazas (36-2-1, 21 KOs) for the vacant World Boxing Council (WBC) superbantamweight title.
More Boxing News:
- LIVE STREAM: Frampton vs Traynor BT Sport / ESPN Weigh In
- LIVE STREAM: Benavidez vs Angulo Official Showtime Weigh In
- LIVE STREAM: Braekhus v McCaskill DAZN Weigh In
- Jamel Herring defends against Jonathan Oquendo on Sept.5
- Braekhus vs. McCaskill final press conference quotes for Aug.15
- VIDEO: Featherweights – Boxing Survey Series Part 3
- Teofimo Lopez to be made ‘Franchise champion’ if he beats Vasiliy Lomachenko
- Andy Ruiz Jr. and Chris Arreola have agreed to fight in late 2020
- Roberto Diaz doubts Canelo Alvarez fights on September 12
- WBC to order Whyte’s title shot after Fury vs. Wilder 3 match