Gumbel profiles Mike Tyson
Now in its 19th season, REAL SPORTS WITH BRYANT GUMBEL, TV’s most honored sports journalism program, presents more enterprising features and reporting when its 192nd edition, available in HDTV, debuts TUESDAY, MARCH 19 (10:00 p.m. ET/PT & 9:00 p.m. CT), exclusively on HBO.
Other HBO playdates: March 19 (3:20 a.m.), 22 (2:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m.), 24 (8:30 a.m.), 27 (4:00 p.m., midnight) and 30 (8:30 a.m.), and April 1 (10:30 a.m., 2:30 a.m.), 4 (5:45 p.m.) and 13 (12:15 a.m.)
HBO2 playdates: March 20 (11:30 a.m., 9:30 p.m.), 25 (1:30 p.m., 11:15 p.m.), 28 (4:30 p.m.) and 31 (7:40 a.m.), and April 6 (1:00 p.m.)
HBO On Demand® availability: March 25-April 15. The show will also be available on HBO GO®.
*The Transformation of Tyson. Once dubbed “the baddest man on the planet,” and a fearsome presence in and out of the ring, former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson enjoyed massive success as a knockout artist, reportedly earning more than $300 million in purses, all of which is gone. Following memorable roles in Hollywood films, including the “Hangover” franchise, the 46-year-old has reinvented himself yet again. Tyson has taken his talents to the stage as the star of a one-man show full of anger, humor and tears. In this REAL SPORTS/Sports Illustrated collaboration, correspondent Bernard Goldberg goes one-on-one with the pugilist as he sets off on a North American tour and uncovers an introspective side of Mike Tyson few have seen before.
Producer: Nick Dolin.
REAL SPORTS has won the Sports Emmy® for Outstanding Sports Journalism 15 times and has received 23 Sports Emmy® Awards overall. It is the only sports program ever honored with the duPont Award for excellence in broadcast journalism, having first been recognized in 2005. In Jan. 2012, REAL SPORTS received its second duPont Award, for a series of investigative reports on concussions, highlighted by the Aug. 2010 story revealing the scientific link between sports concussions and the onset of ALS. In April 2012, the show received the Emmy® in the category of Outstanding Sports Journalism for Bernard Goldberg’s 2011 report on the college bowl game money trail. In Jan. 2013, REAL SPORTS won the Producers Guild Award for Outstanding Sports Program.
Join the conversation on Twitter using #RealSports.
The executive producer of REAL SPORTS WITH BRYANT GUMBEL is Rick Bernstein; Joe Perskie is senior producer.
More Boxing News:
- Ricky Burns still has ‘a year or two left’ of remarkable story
- CES Boxing & Boston Boxing Offer Mike Tyson $1,000,000
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- Dillian Whyte and Francis Ngannou meet in press conference on Saturday
- Joshua Buatsi and Callum Johnson speak on ‘The Boxing Show’
- Chocolatito vs. Estrada 2, Haney vs. Campbell & Prograis vs. Hooker in July or August in U.S
- Eddie Hearn talks DAZN and Canelo vs. Saunders for 2020
- Andy Ruiz Jr. – NO days off from training
- Naoya Inoue vs. John Riel Casimero in September in Las Vegas
- Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev marketed to the wealthy?