Argentina faces Algeria on Wednesday, March 6th
Lausanne, Switzerland, 05 March 2013 – It is make or break time for both in World Series of Boxing (WSB) Group A with Argentina Condors facing Algeria Desert Hawks at the Club Social Y Deportivo in Santa Clara del Mar this Wednesday 6 March (19:00 local time). With each squad in need of maximum points, it promises to be a cracking encounter. Argentina will be relying on the speed of 23-year-old southpaw Alberto Ezequiel Melian, the experience of Juan Javier Carrasco Herrera, the explosiveness of Carlos Castano and the class of top ranked Light Heavyweight Yamil Peralta to give them victory on the night.
The evening’s action will get underway at Bantamweight (50-54kg) with Melian scheduled to fight the Hawks’ French pro boxer Vincent Legrand. This will be an intriguing contest between two evenly matched fighters both boasting a similar record in the competition. Melian will have to be clever and work his rival on the inside in order to defeat him with the Argentine southpaw giving a lot of height away in this one.
Carrasco Herrera will then be favourite to win the Lightweight (57-61kg) bout with his know-how and ring savvy set to stand him in good stead versus unknown Algerian teenager Laid Douadi. The 20-year-old orthodox boxer from Argentina has proved his pedigree over the last couple of seasons, showing his worth each time he has taken the ring.
An impressive recruit from the pro ranks will then make his WSB debut at Middleweight (68-73kg) with the explosive Argentine speed-merchant Castano set to lock horns with Algeria’s Abdelmalek Rahou. 23-year-old Castano is a classy operator who can mix it with the very best. It will be tough for Rahou, with the orthodox fighter having struggled for form this season.
With four wins from four this campaign, the flamboyant Peralta sits top of the Light Heavyweight (80-85kg) ranking and the 21-year-old will be hell-bent on extending his perfect record when he battles the Hawks’ other boxer from the pro ranks, Matthieu Bauderlique. Peralta is a super star in the making and his unrelenting style and height should be too much for his rival here.
At Heavyweight (91+kg), Argentina’s Luis Miguel Bravo will be pitted against the impressive Malian Aboulaye Diane. This one has all the ingredients for a spectacular contest however with his perfect WSB record on the line, expect the Hawks’ Diane to come out all-guns blazing.
With both teams needing the win, it should be tight match with the contest set to define their seasons.
More Boxing News:
- Ricky Burns still has ‘a year or two left’ of remarkable story
- CES Boxing & Boston Boxing Offer Mike Tyson $1,000,000
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- Dillian Whyte and Francis Ngannou meet in press conference on Saturday
- Joshua Buatsi and Callum Johnson speak on ‘The Boxing Show’
- Dana White says Dillian Whyte vs. Francis Ngannou epress conference NOT happening
- Spence vs. Garcia, Tank Davis vs. Santa Cruz & Chocolatito vs. Estrada 2 planned for U.S boxing return
- Ryan Garcia: Teofimo Lopez is desperate as they come
- Tyson Fury ahead of Anthony Joshua in Forbes’ highest paid athletes list
- Ivan Baranchyk vs. Jose Zepeda on July 7 on ESPN in Las Vegas