Thompson obliterates Price in 2
SAN DIEGO (February 23, 2013)— It was a right hook that was heard around the world – at least by boxing fans. No. 2 rated American Tony Thompson shocked a nearly all British audience by dropping the formally undefeated 6’ 8” British heavyweight David Price in the second round. Price was unable to recover from the powerful right hook.
The bout was seen live all over the United States on WealthTV and www.wealthtv.com will be replayed TONIGHT AT 10 PM EST
“There’s a shining star in the Heavyweight division for American boxing fans. Tony “The Tiger” proved that he’s still one of the best heavyweights in the world. We knew he was training hard against the likes of Travis Walker, but he left even boxing insiders stunned by his quick finish of one of the most coveted young prospects in the boxing game. Us old guys can proudly wear our “Old Guys Rule” t-shirts with pride thanks to Tony”, stated Charles Herring, president of WealthTV. The network carried the fight live and exclusively in the United States.
Thompson, who was a huge underdog landed a big right hook to the side of the face that plummeted Price to the canvas. Price got to his feet but the fight was waved off at 2:17 of round two.
Thompson, who twice fought for the Heavyweight championship of the world is now 37-3 with 25 knockouts is once a again a player in the Heavyweight division.
Price, the 2012 ESPN.com prospect of the year was being groomed for superstardom falls to 15-1.
More Boxing News:
- EA SPORTS™ UFC 4 Launches Aug. 14 – Includes Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua!
- Hannah Rankin wants her title back!
- Devin Haney ready to return to the ring
- Boxing Results: Brad Foster defeats James Beech
- Carlos Takam wins a unanimous decision over Jerry Forrest
- Tank Davis to stream sparring session with Ivan Redkach on Monday
- Alexander Povetkin ready for Dillian Whyte
- Vergil Ortiz Jr in a hurry to face Terence Crawford
- Tureano Johnson and Jason Quigley added to the list for Canelo Alvarez’s next fight
- Canelo vs. Golovkin III targeted for May 2021