Shaw inks Broadhurst
February 5, 2013 – Gary Shaw Productions has signed light heavyweight prospect Trent “The Terrible” Broadhurst, who resides in South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Broadhurst, who stands 6’2 and comes from Angelo Di Carlo’s Ace Boxing team, possess a record of (9-1, 6 KOs). As a decorated amateur, the hard punching Broadhurst compiled an astonishing record of 112 wins with only 9 defeats.
“I want to thank Angelo Di Carlo of Ace Boxing Promotions for trusting me to lead his fighters,” said Gary Shaw. “Trent is a wonderful kid with fantastic boxing skills and he’ll be a great addition to our already deep roster. I look forward to promoting him here in the U.S. as well as his native land of Australia, with my partner Angelo Di Carlo.”
Like most professional prize fighters, Broahurst had a rough childhood as he was raised with four other siblings by a single father. When living with his dad got complicated at age 16, he moved in with his current coach Chris McCullen. The sport of boxing has been the outlet that was needed to save Broadhurst from a life filled with trouble.
“I’m truly grateful for the opportunity Gary Shaw has given me,” said Broadhurst. “I want to thank Chris McCullen for taking me under his wing as a teenager. In the past I’ve let myself down with my discipline outside of the gym and I haven’t always committed myself 100%. I’ve come to realize there is no second chance at this sport and it starts now. I’m committed, boxing is my life, and I’m going to show everyone I’m a force to be reckoned with.”
“Undefeated featherweight contender Joel Brunker is a good friend of mine and he and I both are very excited to be fighting under the Gary Shaw Productions banner. Angelo DiCarlo is a very smart promoter and a great friend. We thank Angelo for bringing us both to Gary Shaw.”
Look for the very skilled Broadhurst to be back in the ring by the end of this month as he looking to extend on his two fight winning streak both of which came by knockout.
“I have immediate plans to bring Trent to the United States in the near future. With Daniel Geale leading the movement of great Australian fighters, Brunker and Broadhurst are sure to follow with their own success. The sky is the limit for all my Australian fighters.” said Shaw.
- Results / Photos: Jermall Charlo Defends Title In Front Of Hometown Fans
- Results / Photos: Inoue Demolishes Dasmarinas, Mayer defends WBO junior lightweight title
- Results / Photos: Rosado Scores One-Punch KO Victory, Munguia beats Szeremeta
- Rob Brant battles Janibek Alimkhanuly on June 26th
- Boxing Results: Jermall “Hit Man” Charlo Defeats Juan “Juanito” Montiel in Houston!
- Boxing Results: Naoya “Monster” Inoue Stops Michael “Hot & Spicy” Dasmarinas in 3!
- Boxing Results: Jaime Munguia Stops Kamil Szeremeta after 6 rounds!
- Boxing Results: Gabe Rosado destroys Bektemir Melikuziev in 3rd round KO