Rodriguez-Maderna, Erdei-Grachev & Golovkin-Ishida on 3/30 in Monte Carlo
With just more than a month until the “Monte-Carlo Million Dollar Super Four” boxing tournament in Monaco, the organisers have been swamped for ticket requests and information on the mega-event.
“I’ve been in this business a long time and I’ve never known anything like it,” said Rodney Berman, chief executive of Golden Gloves, which is promoting the tournament.
“All the major fighters, among them Gennady Golovkin, Nobuhiro Ishida and Edwin Rodriguez, are bringing out supporters while Zsolt Erdei has asked for a special block booking at the venue for his Hungarian supporters.”
Golden Gloves, in partnership with the Monte-Carlo SBM Group, is planning week-long festivities leading up to the fights.
The preceding Sunday (March 24) will start with a meet-and-greet function at the Casino de Monte-Carlo featuring Golovkin, followed by a public media conference with all the boxers on Tuesday and public sparring on the Wednesday, from 3pm.
The weigh-in will take place on Friday (March 29) at 6pm with the invitation-only post-fight conference set for March 30.
While the tournament will be held at the Chapiteau de Fontvieille, all the parallel events will take place at the elegant and historic Casino de Monte-Carlo.
The elimination event features Edwin Rodriguez (22-0, 15 KOs) against Ezequiel Osvaldo Maderna (19-0, 13 KOs) and Erdei (33-0, 18 KOs) versus Denis Grachev (12-1-1, 8 KOs) with the two winners advancing to the final at the second leg of the tournament on July 13.
They will square off for a 60/40 split of US $1-million.
In the headline bout, Golovkin will defend his WBA middleweight belt against dangerous Ishida of Japan.
The European junior-middleweight title bout featuring champion Sergei Rabchenko (Russia) and Adriano Nicchi (Italy) also features on this historic card.
Ø Tickets can be purchased by contacting the SBM Reservations Department by phone at: +377 98 06 36 36 (10 am to 7 pm) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More Boxing News:
- Ricky Burns still has ‘a year or two left’ of remarkable story
- CES Boxing & Boston Boxing Offer Mike Tyson $1,000,000
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- Dillian Whyte and Francis Ngannou meet in press conference on Saturday
- Joshua Buatsi and Callum Johnson speak on ‘The Boxing Show’
- Dana White says Dillian Whyte vs. Francis Ngannou epress conference NOT happening
- Spence vs. Garcia, Tank Davis vs. Santa Cruz & Chocolatito vs. Estrada 2 planned for U.S boxing return
- Ryan Garcia: Teofimo Lopez is desperate as they come
- Tyson Fury ahead of Anthony Joshua in Forbes’ highest paid athletes list
- Ivan Baranchyk vs. Jose Zepeda on July 7 on ESPN in Las Vegas