Maysonet stops Salcedo
FEBRUARY 25, 2013 – Cataño, Puerto Rico – Jorge “Machito” Maysonet ( 11-0, 10 KO’ ) managed to become the first boxer to knock out experienced fellow Puerto Rican, Pedro Salcedo (3-6, 2 KO’s) in a fight held at the Cosme Beitía Salamo Coliseum.
“This is my first knockout victory in the second round, before that, all my knockouts have come in the first, and it was because I hurt my right elbow little bit, so I could not keep landing solid shots like I wanted to. I recovered in the second round, and quickly landed good rights to the body to end the fight” said Maysonet, who is promoted by Warriors Boxing, Universal Promotions, and Gary Shaw Productions.
A couple of years ago, Salcedo defeated the undefeated Juan Herrera of Naguabo,PR and was in competitive fights in a losing effort against José Pedraza (12-0, 8 KO’s) and Emmanuel Gonzalez (11-0, 7 KO’s).
Last October in Guayama, PR Maysonet scored the biggest win of his career when stopped the rough and rugged Ramesis Gil by want of a first round knockout, who had huge victories ovr Carney Bowman (16-1, 7 KO’s) of Philadelphia and Luis Joel González (9-1-1, 5 KO’s) from Bayamón, PR bayamonés. Both wins were by decision.
The undefeated 135-pound explosive fighter is trained by his father, Jorge Maysonet Sr., who represented Puerto Rico in the Olympic Games in Los Angeles ( 1984 ), and as a professional boxer, scored all his victories (22) by way of knockout and was a world title contender.
More Boxing News:
- Live Stream: Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia – FITE TV
- Results / Photos: Saunders dominates Murray; Tennyson destroys O’Reilly
- Boxing Results: Jazza Dickens And Ricards Bolotniks Win The Golden Contract
- Boxing Results: Brian Ceballo, Brandon Adams
- Canelo freezing GGG out, says he must wait until after he unifies 168-lb division
- Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia – preview
- Video: Mike Tyson vs Jones Jr – Thoughts on the recent Exhibition
- Live Stream: Canelo Alvarez – Callum Smith DAZN Press Conference