Battle Between Felix Sturm and Sam Soliman to air in the USA on WealthTV
SAN DIEGO, CA –February 5th 2013 – WealthTV has secured the rights to air the bout between the WBA #2 contender Felix Sturm (37-3, 16KO) and the IBF #1 contender Sam Soliman (42-11, 17KO). The contest received 5 out of 5 star rating from BoxRec.com.
WealthTV will air the fight on February 14th at 10 PM ET during WealthTV’s usual Thursday “Fight Night” time slot. It will be the first airing of the February 1st fight in the United States.
The bout was the first non-title fight for Sturm since 2007 as he looked to bounce back from a tough loss against Soliman’s fellow Australian, Daniel Geale. Soliman put his title on the line twelve times before finally losing it to Geale.
Soliman needed to win this fight in order to put himself in line for an all-Australian IBFtitle fight against Daniel Geale. Geale successfully defended his title against another Aussie, Anthony Mundine, a day before.
“Boxing fans will enjoy this world-class matchup that is exciting from start to finish,” stated WealthTV Director of Live Events Tommy Morris, “A fight of this quality should be seen all around the world and we are happy to be the television outlet for the American boxing fan.”
All of WealthTV’s fights can be seen on WealthTV nationally on Verizon FiOS TV channel 169 and 669 in HD, AT&T U-Verse TV channels 470 and 1470 in HD,along with over 100 cable systems across the country as well as on line viewing on numerous connected devices and via www.wealthtv.com.
More Boxing News:
- Mikaela Mayer to Challenge Jr. Lightweight Champion Ewa Brodnicka as the Inoue-Moloney Co-Feature on Oct.31
- Ángel and Chávez Barrientes training camp quotes
- McKenna vs Davies Weigh In Results; Dickens fails COVID-19 test
- Chantelle Cameron vs Dos Santos Araujo this Sunday October 4, live on Sky Sports
- Munguia vs. Johnson Undercard Update
- Porter: Erislandy Lara is the next guy for Jermell Charlo at 154
- David Haye warns Usyk: It only takes one shot, Chisora will cause an upset
- Regis Prograis vs. Juan Heraldez on Oct.24 on Tank vs. Santa Cruz card
- Murat Gassiev to face Kevin Johnson on Oct.31 in Russia
- Mikey Garcia says he’s fighting Manny Pacquiao next 100%, not Conor McGregor