Battle Between Felix Sturm and Sam Soliman to air in the USA on WealthTV
SAN DIEGO, CA –February 5th 2013 – WealthTV has secured the rights to air the bout between the WBA #2 contender Felix Sturm (37-3, 16KO) and the IBF #1 contender Sam Soliman (42-11, 17KO). The contest received 5 out of 5 star rating from BoxRec.com.
WealthTV will air the fight on February 14th at 10 PM ET during WealthTV’s usual Thursday “Fight Night” time slot. It will be the first airing of the February 1st fight in the United States.
The bout was the first non-title fight for Sturm since 2007 as he looked to bounce back from a tough loss against Soliman’s fellow Australian, Daniel Geale. Soliman put his title on the line twelve times before finally losing it to Geale.
Soliman needed to win this fight in order to put himself in line for an all-Australian IBFtitle fight against Daniel Geale. Geale successfully defended his title against another Aussie, Anthony Mundine, a day before.
“Boxing fans will enjoy this world-class matchup that is exciting from start to finish,” stated WealthTV Director of Live Events Tommy Morris, “A fight of this quality should be seen all around the world and we are happy to be the television outlet for the American boxing fan.”
All of WealthTV’s fights can be seen on WealthTV nationally on Verizon FiOS TV channel 169 and 669 in HD, AT&T U-Verse TV channels 470 and 1470 in HD,along with over 100 cable systems across the country as well as on line viewing on numerous connected devices and via www.wealthtv.com.
More Boxing News:
- Angelo Leo vs. Stephen Fulton Jr – weights and quotes
- Jessica McCaskill vs. Cecelia Brækhus added to Chocolatito vs. Estrada 2 card on March 13th
- Caleb Plant media conference call quotes
- Rungvisai vs Sithmorseng live on DAZN on March 12
- Devin Haney: The top fighters are scared of me
- Bellew: Joshua knocks out Fury within 6 rounds
- Chris Eubank Jr reacts to Canelo fighting Yildirim on Feb.27th
- Tony Bellew criticizes Fury for dull win over Klitschko