Tim Bradley’s March 16th fight to be under VADA testing
By Chris Williams: WBO welterweight champion Tim Bradley’s next fight on March 16th will be done with testing by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association [VADA], according to Steve Kim. Bradley still doesn’t have an opponent after he and super featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa couldn’t agree on a catchweight for the fight.
At this point it’s not looking good for the 29-year-old Bradley if he doesn’t still fight on that date. It’s hard to imagine his promoter Bob Arum getting anyone remotely good, but that’s a good thing because Bradley will stay unbeaten for a little while longer. It’s no secret that Bradley wants a rematch with Manny Pacquiao, and by staying unbeaten he’ll be improving his chances of a second fight with Manny taking place.
As far as the VADA testing goes, I’m wondering if this was driven by Bradley or Arum. There’s talk of random blood testing for the 5th fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, and if Arum can have his other fighters doing this before the Pacquiao-Marquez 5th fight, Marquez might not take it so hard that he’s being asked for testing just after his win over the Filipino.
You can see how it might make Marquez a little upset because the timing of the testing – right after his 6th round knockout win – looks bad, as if there’s distrust. There wasn’t any testing done when Pacquiao winning questionable decisions over Marquez in their 2nd and 3rd fights, and there wasn’t any testing when Pacquiao was given a controversial draw with Marquez in their first fight.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the blood testing will become standard to fight one of Arum’s fighters. I hope that’s not the case unless the State Commission makes this the norm because it will seem strange that fighters will have to jump through extra hoops to fight Top Rank fighters.
More Boxing News:
- Tim Bradley says Shakur Stevenson could be the successor to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- ‘Keith Thurman needs to get his mind right’ – Tim Bradley
- Tim Bradley prediction: Deontay Wilder STOPS Tyson Fury
- Danny Garcia calls Tim Bradley a “Top Rank puppet”
- Tim Bradley: Crawford is BEGGING the PBC fighters to face him
- Boxing Results: The Clay Collard Story Continues in 2020: Stops Lorawnt Nelson in 2
- Derevyanchenko’s trainer Rozier wants him to fight Charlo, not Canelo
- Jamel Herring to fight Carl Frampton in late 2020
- Thurman to Pacquiao: Come see me!
- Keith Thurman: I DESERVE a rematch with Manny Pacquiao