Roman Morales stops Jose Iniguez
January 25, 2013 -Tonight Gary Shaw Productions and the Chumash Resort Casino in Santa Ynez, Calif., enjoyed another cell out crowd for their show titled “Central Coast Championship Night.”
The main event featured undefeated super-bantamweight standout Roman Morales (14-0, 7 KOs) vs. Jose Iniguez (6-15, 1 KO). Morales, known for his great body punching, used all his tools to come out victorious against Iniguez. After five dominating rounds, Morales ended the bout with a vicious body shot. With the win, Morales looks to march on toward a regional title, a shot he hopes to get by the end of the year.
“I’m happy with my performance tonight.” said Morales. “I feel I’m getting better with each fight. I’m getting different looks each time out and I really believe it’s going to benefit my career as I move forward with my career. My goal is to get ranked in the top ten by all sanctioning organizations by the end of the year and hopefully fight for a small title shortly after.”
Local super-welterweight Francisco Santana (15-3-1, 8 KOs) demolished Dustin Reinhold with a first round knockout.
Tijuana Mexico’s Edwin Solis (4-2-1) defeated Santa Maria native, Ruffino Serrano (13-5) in a 6-round featherweight bout.
Maria Suarez (3-0-1) of Santa Maria, CA won by unanimous decision against Torrance California’s Abigail Casteneda (3-2-2) in a 6-round bout in the flyweight division.
Miami Florida’s Valentino Knowles (1-0) defeated Alejandro Ochoa (1-4-1) by way of four a round unanimous decision in the super-featherweight division.
Middleweight Eric Prado (1-2-1) of Santa Maria got his first win against Victor Manuel Medina (3-4) of Los Angeles by way of unanimous decision.
Roy Tapia (4-0-1, 2 KOs) of Los Angeles CA defeated Jesus Adame (2-10-1) of San Bernardino, CA by unanimous decision over 6-rounds in the featherweight division.
More Boxing News:
- Hollywood star Danny Trejo talks about his love of boxing
- Four Hours of Legendary “Iron” Mike Tyson on ESPN
- Queensberry inks Jonathan Kumuteo & Amaar Akbar
- MTK Global And KHK Sports Join Forces In Groundbreaking Partnership
- Sam Jones Slams Internet Trolls, “You’re Taking The P*ss!”
- Gervonta Davis WARNS Ryan Garcia that he’ll slap him
- Mayweather could have ended Canelo’s career – Mauricio Sulaiman
- Chris Eubank Jr. still wants GGG and Canelo this year
- Whyte wants WBC to force Fury to fight him next in 2020
- Shakur Stevenson vs. Felix Caraballo possible for June 9