Lucas Browne targeting David Price in 2013
UNBEATEN Australian banger Lucas ‘Big Daddy’ Browne believes he’s on course to challenge British heavyweight hope David Price for his Commonwealth title at some stage this year.
Price’s promoter Frank Maloney recently claimed that the world’s big men are running from the 6ft 8in Liverpudlian, but Lucas says he’ll be more than happy to face him once he’s got a little more experience under his belt.
“If I have a few more fights and if I prepare myself correctly I will have a good chance of beating him,” Browne, 33, said.
“I’m not silly enough to think I’m unbeatable, but at the same time neither is he.
“Like every well-managed fighter, Price has been tested enough for his skill level at the time and think that he now needs to go up against a big hitter and show that he can also take a hit as well as he can dish one out.
“With a little more experience under my belt, the right fitness, and a good training camp, my power will be too much for him.
“Either way, it will get people talking, and also shut a few people up.”
Browne’s manager Matt Clark added: “We certainly respect David Price. He’s been exceptional since turning professional. He’s yet to have his chin tested yet, though, and Lucas Browne will certainly do that.
“Price has the Commonwealth title and it’s something that we want.”
Browne was due to engage in a Commonwealth title eliminator with Sheffield’s Richard Towers in Hong Kong last month. However, Towers had to sadly pull out after suffering an ear complaint in training.
It is likely that the pair will need agree to face each other again in order for one of them to earn a shot at Price.
More Boxing News:
- Frank Warren expects big things from Charlie Edwards
- Charlie Edwards signs with Queensberry Promotions
- Scott Harrison Aberdeen Undercard Update
- Hollywood star Danny Trejo talks about his love of boxing
- Four Hours of Legendary “Iron” Mike Tyson on ESPN
- New options for Canelo Alvarez’s fight in September
- Adrien Broner says he’s going back to the STREETS without $10 million
- Julio Cesar Martinez – is he the next star at 112?
- Fury wants to surpass Mayweather and Canelo with biggest contract
- Devin Haney vs. Luke Campbell – Hearn wants this next