Boxing Hall of Fame
INTERNATIONAL BOXING HALL OF FAME PREPARES
TO WELCOME FANS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
HOF volunteers putting all the right combinations together for another
knockout celebration in “Boxing’s Hometown”
CANASTOTA, NY – JANUARY 15, 2013 – The International Boxing Hall of Fame will host the 24th Annual Hall of Fame Induction Weekend in Canastota, New York on June 6- 9th. With many exciting events planned, there will be something for everyone in “Boxing’s Hometown.”
With just under five months before the bell rings to kick off Hall of Fame Weekend festivities, the Hall’s staff and team of volunteers in Canastota are already busy planning details for the celebration. According to Hall officials, nearly 300 volunteers and many community organizations will contribute their time and effort to make the annual Induction Weekend a success.
“The Hall of Fame Weekend is an opportunity for everyone who loves boxing to celebrate the spirit of the sport in ‘Boxing’s Hometown,’” said Hall of Fame Executive Director Edward Brophy. “Canastota looks forward to again hosting boxing’s highlight weekend of the year.”
Events planned for the weekend include a banquet, a night of welterweight warriors, parade, golf tournament, boxing autograph card show, cocktail party and the Official Induction Ceremony honoring the Class of 2013. Inductees include two-division champion Arturo “Thunder” Gatti (posthumous), five-time world champion Virgil “Quicksilver” Hill and two-time light flyweight champion Myung-Woo Yuh in the Modern category; “Let’s Get It On” referee Mills Lane, ring announcer Jimmy Lennon, Jr. and journalist Colin Hart. Posthumous inductees in the Old-Timer, Pioneer, Non-Participant and Observer categories will also be honored.
Tickets for all events are moving quickly and capacity crowds are again anticipated for June.
“Boxing fans from throughout the United States and Canada and as far away as Mexico and England have already reserved tickets and made hotel accommodations for the weekend,” said Brophy.
An impressive list of over 40 boxing greats from the United States and abroad will participate in weekend festivities.
More Boxing News:
- Oscar De La Hoya presents Joshua Franco his WBA 115-lb title
- Cecilia Brækhus defends against Jessica McCaskill this Saturday, Aug.15 on DAZN
- Jason Welborn vs Felix Cash on Aug. 14, Live on DAZN & Sky
- Whyte Povetkin Undercard Update
- Jono Carroll vs. Maxi Hughes on August 12, Live on ESPN+
- Arum has Kell Brook as Crawford’s Plan-B if no Pacquiao fight
- Emanuel Navarrete vs. Jessie Magdaleno on Oct.17th/24th for vacant WBO 126lb title
- Naoya Inoue vs. Jason Moloney in the works for ESPN/ESPN+
- Tyson Fury won’t be fighting Dillian Whyte in 2021 says Warren
- Luke Campbell vs. Ryan Garcia have reached an agreement for November fight on DAZN