Jinkee: I don’t want Pacquiao to end up in a wheel chair
By Allan Fox: Jinkee, the wife of former 8 division world champion Manny Pacquiao, wants him to get out of the sport before he gets really hurt. Jinkee was shocked and worried at seeing Manny knocked unconscious by Juan Manuel Marquez in their fight two weeks ago in Las Vegas, Nevada, and she worries that Pacquiao could end up in a wheelchair the next time he gets knocked out by Marquez.
She wants to avoid the risk and have Pacquiao retire from boxing. She’s leaving he decision up to him, but she’s hoping that he agrees to hang up his gloves before he gets seriously hurt.
Jinkee told the Dailystar.co.uk “It’s the first time I’ve seen him like that…There is nothing for him to prove…I want him to stop now…boxers risk their lives and some end up in wheelchairs. I don’t that to happen to Manny. I want him to finish.”
Pacquiao has already told his promoter Bob Arum that he’ll fight Marquez in a rematch next year if he wants him to, and Arum appears to want to see that fight because he’s already taking about the kind of interest that it’ll generate with boxing fans.
The Pacquiao-Marquez 4 fight thus far has generated 1.15 million buys, and those aren’t even the final numbers. It could go as high as 1.4 million PPV buys.
A rematch between them could go even higher because boxing fans want to see if Pacquiao avenge his defeat, and other fans want to see if Marquez can knock Pacquiao out again.
There is some cause for concern about Pacquiao’s health because he was knocked out for 2 minutes from a right hand from Marquez in the 6th. When you get knocked out like that anything is possible in future fights, especially the next fight.
Pacquiao is going to be going up against a guy who now punches a lot harder than before, and who will be looking to connect with as hard a shot as possible to see if he can knock Pacquiao out again and possibly get a 6th fight with him.
Jinkee likely won’t push Pacquiao into retirement. She’s going to tell him how she feels, and then let him make the decision. I don’t think Pacquiao wants to end his career on a loss like that.
I also don’t think he wants to walk away from a sport that’s making him $25 million per fight. He’s not going to make that kind of money after he retires from the sport, so he needs to get as much money as he can before it’s all over.
More Boxing News:
- Arum has Kell Brook as Crawford’s Plan-B if no Pacquiao fight
- Pacquiao doesn’t rule out Golovkin bout at 154
- Conor McGregor looking desparate, still wants Pacquiao fight
- Arum approached by Kell Brook for Terence Crawford fight
- Errol Spence threatens to Go “Rogue” if Manny Pacquiao faces Mikey Garcia
- David Benavidez: Is it time to move up to 175?
- Jean Pascal is Artur Beterbiev’s WBC mandatory at 175
- Hearn hints Fury won’t get same deal with Joshua if he vacates WBC title without fighting Whyte
- David Benavidez 2.8 pounds overweight, loses WBC title for Roamer Angulo fight
- Porter analyzes Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia, expects to fight the winner