Wladimir: Haye has to learn to behave and how to fight
By Scott Gilfoid: IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko doesn’t see any point in his brother WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko wasting his time by fighting his leftovers in former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye. Wladimir doesn’t see it as being a worthwhile fight for Vitali other than for money purposes, and he doesn’t seem interested in fighting Haye again himself despite the World Boxing Organization installing Haye as their #1 WBO contender recently.
Wladimir said to the Bild.de “I honestly don’t know why he believes that we need him as an opponent. Haye has to learn to behave, and then properly fight. That would be good everyone. His talk no use.”
The problem for Haye is that Wladimir already totally beat him badly last year by a lopsided 12 round unanimous decision and Haye has fought only once since then, beating 2nd tier heavyweight from Britain Dereck Chisora by a 5th round TKO last July. Haye has been totally reluctant to stay busy like normal non-heavyweight champions and has been waiting around like a fat cat waiting for one of the Klitschkos to fight him again.
Sure, Haye defeated Chisora, but that hardly meant anything given that Chisora had been beaten in three out of his last four fights when Haye fought him. All Haye did was fight the guy that Robert Helenius, Vitali and Tyson Fury had already beaten, so it’s not as if it was a big deal or anything.
Haye wants the Vitali fight, but he’ll obviously take a fight with Wladimir if that’s all he can get. Vitali still isn’t sure whether he’ll continue fighting or not because he’s got his political career to worry about. That’s number #1 for Vitali, not fighting a guy that is just hanging around looking for a fight against him or Wladimir.
Vitali should tell Haye to get busy and earn the title shot by beating some of the top contenders. Haye should have to fight and beat #5 WBA, #1 WBO, Kubrat Pulev to get a fight against Wladimir or Vitali, because beating Chisora is nothing and means little given all the whole mess of losses he’s got on his resume.
More Boxing News:
- Wladimir Klitschko coming back? promoter Tom Loeffler wants him to
- Oleksandr Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora targeted for October
- David Haye Not happy with Joe Joyce’s performance against Michael Wallisch
- BT Sport new boxing series: What Went Down
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Jermell Charlo and Billy Joe Saunders trade trash talk
- Ryan Garcia and Devin Haney must wait for Tank Davis clash says Mayweather Promoter
- Vasily Lomachenko reducing his purse to get Teofimo Lopez fight done
- Leo Santa Cruz can’t afford to take shots from Gervonta Davis
- Eddie Hearn wants Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder 3 cancelled if it’s pushed back to February 2021