Deontay Wilder speaks from Klitschko camp
Deontay “Bronze Bomber” Wilder (25-0, 25ko) is scheduled to fight Kelvin “Price is right” price, (13-0, 6ko) December 15th from Los Angeles as the main support on the showtime televised Khan-Molina card. Wilder and Price were scheduled to meet in August but price pulled out with an injured rib. Price, 6’8″, 240 lbs is the only boxer to beat Prizefighter champion Tor Hamer. Wilder took time out of his sparring schedule in the Wladimir Klitschko camp to issue this statement about working with the champ.
“Hey, everybody, Deontay Wilder here. I’m in Austria sparring with Wladimir. As you know in boxing, whatever happens in camp stays in camp but I can tell you that we are working very hard and I’ve done a lot of rounds with Wladimir. He is a champ in the ring and out of the ring. The sparring is fast paced and tough and I’m learning every day. Wladimir has a great team around him. Everyone is very professional and working toward one goal – victory! We’ve boxed, talked and even shot basketball. That is, until I broke the goal with a massive dunk! It has been a first class experience and it will help me on my rise in the heavyweight division. I had two members of my team come in, Jay Deas and Russ Anber so that was very helpful to me. We’ll all take a lot from this experience and I can tell you one thing for sure. If Wladimir need my help in the future I’m just a phone call away and I’ll be on the first plane there!”
- Excluding Tyson Fury, Can Any Other Top Heavyweight Beat Deontay Wilder?
- Deontay Wilder vs. Robert Helenius possible for Oct.15th
- Deontay Wilder training with Michael Hunter
- Deontay Wilder back in the gym training
- Regis Prograis says Teofimo Lopez needs to fix flaws before facing “bigger 140s”
- Eubank Jr: “Benn doesn’t know what it’s like to fight at this level”
- Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua II broadcast live on DAZN next Saturday, August 20th
- Callum Smith: “Beterbiev will have to fight me” if I beat Mathieu Bauderlique next Saturday