Broner to take his career to the next level against DeMarco
By Scott Gilfoid: A nice win over WBC lightweight world champion Antonio DeMarco (28-2-1, 20 KO’s) will catapult unbeaten Adrien Broner (24-0, 20 KO’s) into super stardom in their fight on November 17th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. This fight is what Broner needs to turn him into a regular HBO fighter to an HBO pay per view fighter where he’s getting the same kinds of cash that bigger stars like Floyd Mayweather Jr, Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto are already enjoying.
Broner’s last fight against Vicente Escobedo brought in huge rating numbers for HBO last July, proving that Broner has the popularity to attracts fans in high numbers.
To win this fight, Broner is going to have to walk DeMarco down to batter him in fairly close because he’s not going to be able to punish the 5’10” DeMarco from the outside due to his huge height and reach. DeMarco is like a tall, hard hitting stork that can hurt you if he’s allowed to throw his power shots from the outside. Broner will have to get inside on him to take away his leverage so that he can take him out.
Broner wants to look good in this fight because it’s being televised by HBO, and it will be seen by millions of boxing fans, including Floyd Mayweather Jr. Broner wants to be able to shine in this fight so that he can impress people with his skills and poise.
In Broner’s last eight fights only one fighter – Daniel Ponce De Leon – has been able to make it to the 10th round. The rest of them were stopped within five rounds or less. Broner has just been chopping everyone down and making it look incredibly easy in the process. His win over Escobedo was especially impressive the way that Broner was able to beat him up with hard power shots in close.
DeMarco, 26, has looked powerful in his last five fights, knocking out four of his opponents with hard shots. The last guy that was able to go the distance with him was Reyes Sanchez a year ago in February, and he took a real beating in going the distance.
More Boxing News:
- Haney sends duck message to Tank, Broner, Lomachenko, Ryan and Teofimo
- Devin Haney intrigued by Adrien Broner fight
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Adrien Broner and Devin Haney interested in fighting
- Adrien Broner: If I return to 135, I’ll destroy the weight class
- Boxing Results: Erickson Lubin decisions Terrell Gausha; Jaron Ennis KOs Abreu
- Boxing Results: Jose Pedraza defeats Javier Molina, Efe Ajagba Decisions Rice
- Daniel Jacobs could face Gabe Rosado or John Ryder in the fall
- Hearn wants Wilder to speak up about Fury fight
- Chisora responds to Usyk while taking body shots from David Haye