Arum considering Brook, Peterson, Guerrero and Provodnikov as potential opponents for Bradley’s next fight
By Allan Fox: Bob Arum has four possible opponents that he’s picking from for his fighter WBO welterweight champion Tim Bradley’s first defense of his title on December 15th. Lamont Peterson and Ruslan Provodnikov’s names have already been mentioned as potential options for Bradley. But now ESPN is reporting that unbeaten welterweight contender Kell Brook and WBC interim welterweight champion Robert Guerrero are also among the fighters that are being considered.
Bradley has already beaten Peterson in December 2009, so it’s not exactly an exciting option. However, Peterson has picked up the IBF light welterweight title, which obviously wouldn’t be on the line for the fight with Bradley because it would be for Bradley’s World Boxing Organization 147 pound title. Peterson defeated Amir Khan last December, and he’s now looked at a lot differently than before.
It’s not likely that Arum would be able to get Brook to fight for the WBO title against Bradley because he seems to fight always in the UK and it might not be realistic trying to get him to come out of it to make the fight happen. Besides, Brook is fighting for Hector Saldivia on October 20th in an IBF welterweight title eliminator bout. Brook would then become the mandatory challenger to IBF champ Randall Bailey.
Guerrero, 29, also is someone that Bradley likely won’t be fighting because Guerrero is one of Golden Boy Promotions stable fighters, and they’re hoping that WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. might decide to face Guerrero in the near future. If they put Guerrero in with Bradley, he could potentially spoil things for Guerrero and Golden Boy Promotions by beating Guerrero before he ever gets a shot against Mayweather.
The easiest fight to be made of that punch is Provodnikov, because he’s one o the contenders in the light welterweight division and there’s few opportunities for him to get big money fights out there for him. Arum could possibly get him for cheap and not have to worry about him beating Bradley because he’d be out of his class.
More Boxing News:
- Crawford fight looking SLIM for Brook in 2020
- Kell Brook confident Terence Crawford clash happens
- John Fewkes opens up on Kell Brook split and issue with Dominic Ingle
- ‘Keith Thurman needs to get his mind right’ – Tim Bradley
- Liam Smith wants Kell Brook
- Chris Eubank Jr. still wants GGG and Canelo this year
- Whyte wants WBC to force Fury to fight him next in 2020
- Shakur Stevenson vs. Felix Caraballo possible for June 9
- Gassiev is better suited than Usyk at heavyweight – Abel Sanchez
- Evander Holyfield training with Wladimir Klitschko