Kell Brook: I’ll KO Khan if he fights me
By Scott Gilfoid: Unbeaten welterweight contender Kell Brook (28-0, 18 KO’s) is still pining away for a fight against former IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (26-3, 18 KO’s) despite the fact that Khan has shown him absolutely zero interest and likely will continue to show him no interest for the remainder of Brook’s career.
That’s not stopping Brook from wishing he could get Khan in the ring so he could have a chance to prove his theory about Khan’s chin not being able to hold up under his shots.
Brook said to Sky Sports News Ringside “Khan can’t beat [Floyd] Mayweather. I don’t know if it will happen but he can’t beat him. He’s got no chance.”
I have no clue why Brook is even talking on this subject, because Khan has lost his last two fights and is coming off of a KO loss to WBC light welterweight champion Danny Garcia last month. It’s pretty much academic at this point that Mayweather would spank Khan if they were to fight. Khan’s losses to Lamont Peterson and Garcia are enough to show that Khan wouldn’t stand a chance against an even better fighter than those guys in Mayweather.
Brook said this about Khan: “When we do meet he’s going to get taken out.”
I have no doubts that Brook would likely beat Khan, but unfortunately that’s not going to happen with Khan not fighting him. It’s too bad Khan won’t fight him because I’d like to see what the two of them would do, because both guys are terribly flawed.
Brook looked terrible in beating Carson Jones by a controversial decision last month in the UK. I had Jones winning that fight, but whoever you had winning, Brook still looked terrible beyond belief against a fighter that he should have been able to beat if he were a truly good fighter.
Brook has a fight coming up against Hector David Saldivia (41-2, 32 KO’s) on October 20th in an IBF welterweight title eliminator at the Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
- Amir Khan to fight in October or November
- Conor Benn to fight for European 147-lb title on July 31st
- Conor Benn: I want to send Amir Khan into retirement
- Amir Khan reacts to Conor Benn calling him out: “Maybe if he had some belts”
- Boxing Results: Henderson Loses to Steen and Bocachica Draws with Bunch!
- Ryan Garcia vs. Joseph Diaz Jr possible for fall at Staples Center, Los Angeles
- Oscar De La Hoya dropping weight for Vitor Belfort clash on Sept.11th
- Terence Crawford expected to ink with PBC; Shawn Porter fight to go to purse bid