Kell Brook: I’ll KO Khan if he fights me
By Scott Gilfoid: Unbeaten welterweight contender Kell Brook (28-0, 18 KO’s) is still pining away for a fight against former IBF/WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (26-3, 18 KO’s) despite the fact that Khan has shown him absolutely zero interest and likely will continue to show him no interest for the remainder of Brook’s career.
That’s not stopping Brook from wishing he could get Khan in the ring so he could have a chance to prove his theory about Khan’s chin not being able to hold up under his shots.
Brook said to Sky Sports News Ringside “Khan can’t beat [Floyd] Mayweather. I don’t know if it will happen but he can’t beat him. He’s got no chance.”
I have no clue why Brook is even talking on this subject, because Khan has lost his last two fights and is coming off of a KO loss to WBC light welterweight champion Danny Garcia last month. It’s pretty much academic at this point that Mayweather would spank Khan if they were to fight. Khan’s losses to Lamont Peterson and Garcia are enough to show that Khan wouldn’t stand a chance against an even better fighter than those guys in Mayweather.
Brook said this about Khan: “When we do meet he’s going to get taken out.”
I have no doubts that Brook would likely beat Khan, but unfortunately that’s not going to happen with Khan not fighting him. It’s too bad Khan won’t fight him because I’d like to see what the two of them would do, because both guys are terribly flawed.
Brook looked terrible in beating Carson Jones by a controversial decision last month in the UK. I had Jones winning that fight, but whoever you had winning, Brook still looked terrible beyond belief against a fighter that he should have been able to beat if he were a truly good fighter.
Brook has a fight coming up against Hector David Saldivia (41-2, 32 KO’s) on October 20th in an IBF welterweight title eliminator at the Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
More Boxing News:
- Terence Crawford vs. Kell Brook close to being finalized for Nov. 14th
- Terence Crawford vs. Kell Brook possible for November 14th
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Terence Crawford talks Kell Brook negotiations for November fight
- Top Rank offering Kell Brook $2M for Crawford fight
- Devin Haney and Yuriorkis Gamboa reach an agreement for Nov.7 fight on DAZN
- Fury advises Joshua to vacate WBO belt to duck Oleksandr Usyk
- Jose Pedraza dominates Javier Molina in one-sided 10-round decision win
- Boxing Results: Erickson Lubin decisions Terrell Gausha; Jaron Ennis KOs Abreu
- Daniel Jacobs could face Gabe Rosado or John Ryder in the fall