Haye willing to wait another year to get Vitali bout if he has to
By Allan Fox: With WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko already scheduled to face Manuel Charr on September 8th in Moscow, Russia, it pretty much rules out the possibility of a Vitali vs. David Haye fight in 2012. Haye, however, really wants the fight against the 41-year-old Vitali and is willing to wait until next year to get the aging Ukrainian in the ring so ha he can knock him out.
Haye told the telegraph.co.uk “I can wait another year, if he wants to. I’ll stay in good shape, keep working in the gym. The longer he waits, the better it is for me. If a fight with Vitali happens down the line, fantastic.”
Haye is right. The longer Vitali waits to make the fight fight the more it hurts him. He should have already fought Haye a year ago, because now Vitali is really starting to show his age after struggling to beat Dereck Chisora. Haye turned around and fought Chisora last weekend, beating him by a 5th round TKO win. Haye looked a lot better than Vitali did against Chisora, and dominated him with speed and power from the first round. If Vitali chooses to wait another year, he’s only going to be increasing the chances that he losses the fight to the 31-year-old Haye. Vitali’s brother IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko may have dominated Haye last year in July, but Wladimir is a much different type of fighter than Vitali. Wladimir used his superior ring movement, jab and power to neutralize Haye’s game, and keep him bottled up on the outside. Vitali can’t do that, because he moves poorly, doesn’t have a great jab, and his power is average at this point in his career.
Vitali has a fight coming up on September 8th against Manuel Charr, and depending on how well he does in that fight we could either see Vitali continuing his career or retiring to go into politics.
More Boxing News:
- Dereck Chisora wants Joe Joyce fight next
- David Haye pushing for Dillian Whyte vs. Dereck Chisora 3 on November 21st
- David Haye wants Chisora to fight Dillian Whyte in trilogy
- Haye giving Chisora a great chance of beating Usyk
- Josh Taylor beats Jose Ramirez predicts Regis Prograis
- Logan Paul explains reason why Floyd Mayweather exhibition bout postponed
- Ryan Garcia: I got to put Gervonta Davis to the side
- David Benavidez vs. Ronald Ellis on March 13th on Showtime