Forget Kessler, I want to see Froch face Bika next
By Scott Gilfoid: IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch has been talking about wanting to fight a rematch against Mikkel Kessler next before facing former IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute as part of the contract clause that they have a rematch to take place in Montreal, Canada.
The heck with the Kessler-Froch rematch, I want to see Froch face Sakio Bika (30-5-2, 21 KO’s) instead. I rate Bika much higher than I do Kessler, and I think Andre Ward would agree with me. Ward totally clowned Kessler in an easy 11th round technical decision win in 2009, whereas Ward struggled to defeat Bika in Ward’s toughest fight of his career November 2010, winning by the scores of 120-108, 118-110 and 118-110. That was easily Ward’s toughest fight of his career by a long shot. I realize that Froch had closer scores in his fight with Ward, but those were from two judges who came up with scores that most boxing fans didn’t agree with.
By far, Bika was the much tougher fight for Ward. Heck, Ward dominated Froch with one hand the entire fight, as he had broken his left early in the 2nd round. Ward was able to pretty much blank Froch just with his right. But in Ward’s fight against Bika, he had both hands working for him but he had a ton of problems with Bika’s power, excellent inside fighting skills and his awkward fighting style.
Bika doesn’t get much credit, but I see him as a much better fighter than Froch and Kessler. I’d also pick him by knockout over Arthur Abraham, and I think he would beat him at his own game.
Last Saturday night, Bika completely dominated a very good fighter in super middleweight contender Dyah Davis, beating him by a 10th round TKO. Bika made Davis look like an amateur in beating the stuffing out of him. I think Bika would do the same with Froch.
I know Froch won’t take the fight with Bika, because he’s not ranked right now and he’s not as popular as Kessler. But I think Bika would be a nightmare for Froch and would give him a royal beating. If Bika is good enough to give Ward all kinds of trouble, what do you think he can do against a fighter like Froch. I see him knocking Froch out cold. Of course, he’ll never get the chance because Froch probably won’t want to mix it up with this talent. Bika is too much of a bruiser and he’s too dangerous.
More Boxing News:
- Froch says Mike Tyson could gas after 4 rounds against Roy Jones Jr
- Froch: Whyte would give Fury as tough a fight as Joshua
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Carl Froch And Barker Talk Fighting On The Road In ‘The Rounds’
- Anthony Joshua responds to Carl Froch’s complaining about P4P list
- Jermall Charlo being avoided by Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin?
- Teofimo warns Lomachenko: ‘I’m putting hands on you on October 17th’
- Mairis Briedis considering a move to heavyweight
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet
- Jeison Rosario message after knockout loss to Jermell Charlo