Andy Lee can end the Chavez Jr. train on June 16th
By Chris Williams: Andy Lee (28-1, 20 KO’s) is poised to be the one that knocks off WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (45-0-1, 31 KO’s) by sending him to defeat for the first time in his career when the two fighters meet at the Sun Bowl, in El Paso, Texas, United States.
Bob Arum, the promoter for the 26-year-old Chavez Jr., has turned him into a nice little money maker with careful match-making and the luck of several very questionable decisions that have gone Chavez Jr’s way in fights against Carlos Molina and Matt Vanda in the past. Chavez Jr. has developed into a good middleweight who seems to get over due to his ability to cut massive amounts of weight to make the 160 pound division, and then rehydrate up to 180 pounds.
It’s helped Chavez Jr. beat guys that he may not have been able to beat if he didn’t have a huge size advantage. Chavez Jr. will likely be sporting a big weight advantage against Lee as well. However, I’m not so certain that it’ll help Chavez Jr. any because Lee is very fast of hand and feet, and he’s got excellent power in both fists.
Lee doesn’t punch with the same kind of power that guys like Sergio Martinez, but he’s close enough to where he can give Chavez Jr. a lot of problems in this fight, especially if Chavez Jr. comes in slow and sluggish like he did in his last fight against Marco Antonio Rubio last February.
Chavez Jr., 6’0″, likes to give away his height by crowding his often shorter opponents to try and land shots on the inside like his famous father Julio Cesar Chavez. Fighting like this seems like a really bad idea for Chavez Jr. because he gets hit so much and he’s not a huge puncher.
More Boxing News:
- Boxing Results: Mario Cazares defeats Julio Cesar Chavez Jr by a 6th round technical decision
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs. Mario Abel Cazares on Sept.25 in Tijuana, Mexico
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. suspended by NSAC for refusing to take drug test
- Deontay Wilder SHOULDN’T take rematch with Tyson Fury right now – Andy Lee
- Andy Lee surprised Deontay Wilder taking rematch with Tyson Fury
- Jermall Charlo being avoided by Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin?
- Teofimo warns Lomachenko: ‘I’m putting hands on you on October 17th’
- Mairis Briedis considering a move to heavyweight
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet
- Jeison Rosario message after knockout loss to Jermell Charlo