Wladimir: Haye should take anything that Vitali offers financially
By Scott Gilfoid: IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko sees former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye as someone who is being laughed at by boxing fans as he walks down the street in the UK.
Wladimir sees Haye as a wealthy man, but someone who British boxing fans have little respect for due to the way he fought against him last July when Haye ran for 12 rounds in losing a 12 round decision. Wladimir thinks Haye needs to take whatever is offered to him by his brother WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko in order to make the fight happen and to prove to his fans that he’s a man.
Wladimir told the dailymail.co.uk “If I was him, knowing the situation he’s in right now, I’d fight Vitali for whatever the Klitschkos were offering. I’d just grab the chance to gain respect back. We’re not asking him to fight for free; We’re giving him a chance to earn some good money, but more importantly, to become a world champion again.”
I so agree with Wladimir. Haye needs to take whatever that’s offered to him and be happy he’s getting it. He’s not a champion anymore and he’s going to have to just accept that and learn to grovel like the rest of the contenders while trying to get a fight against Vitali or Wladimir.
If Haye was courageous, he’d go after WBA heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin so that he could improve his chances of getting a better deal with Vitali, but it doesn’t look like Haye is willing to take that kind of risk. Since he’s not holding down a belt, Haye is going to have to take what he can get. Thanks to him, there isn’t a huge demand to see Haye-Klitschko outside of Germany.
That’s the only place where that fight will sell. It wouldn’t be this way if Haye did what normal fighters do after they lose by redeeming themselves by picking up a couple of wins. Haye doesn’t want to do that so he’s going to have to accept the small money that he gets for the Vitali fight be happy he’s getting it. There’s a lot of starving fighters in the UK, so he should be happy he’s not one of them and take the good money Vitali is offering him.
More Boxing News:
- Evander Holyfield training with Wladimir Klitschko
- Chisora: Wladimir Klitschko CAN’T help Usyk inside the ring
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- Banks recalls Wladimir Klitschko letting Anthony Joshua off the hook
- David Haye: WBC can give Dillian Whyte a Gold or Platinum title
- Mike Tyson looking chiseled training for exhibition
- Manny Pacquiao reacts to Floyd Mayweather calling him an “OLD man”
- Gervonta Davis WARNS Ryan Garcia that he’ll slap him
- Mayweather could have ended Canelo’s career – Mauricio Sulaiman
- Chris Eubank Jr. still wants GGG and Canelo this year