Maidana-Alexander: Will Marcos be the next fighter to be robbed in Saint Louis?
Now it looks like its Marcos Maidana’s turn to possibly get the treatment. Like the last Alexander victim, Lucas Matthysse, Maidana thinks he can take the judges out of the fight by knocking Alexander out or dominating him in such a manner that the judges won’t be able to keep from giving him the win.
But I think Maidana is really overestimating himself because he doesn’t have the hand speed or foot speed to catch up with a mover like Alexander and will find himself in the position of being a big cat chasing around a reluctant hit and run opponent. I don’t think the judges will reward him with enough rounds to get a decision in Saint Louis, not with the large crowd cheering everything that Alexander throws.
Alexander’s last non-controversial win was against Juan Urango back in March 2010. Since that time, Alexander has beaten Andriy Kotelnik and Matthysse by controversial decisions and lost to Timothy Bradley, who refused to fight Alexander in Saint Louis because he didn’t want to get robbed. Matthysse failed to learn from Bradley and went to Saint Louis and found himself on the losing end of a decision even though he appeared to win the fight.
Maidana is going to have to really go after Alexander in this fight because he won’t be standing in front of him making it easy. Alexander knows that he can’t stand and trade in this fight. He can’t fight like he did against Bradley because Maidana is bigger and stronger and will give him a real beat down if he makes the mistake of trying to slug with him. Maidana will have to learn to run because that’s what he’ll need to do to catchup with Alexander.
More Boxing News:
- Amir Khan to Marcos Maidana: “Let’s do it again”
- Marcos Maidana showing off SIX-Pack abs
- Marcos Maidana looking solid in training for comeback
- Mayweather denies having a tooth knocked out by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana trimming down for exhibition match
- Boxing Results: Erickson Lubin decisions Terrell Gausha; Jaron Ennis KOs Abreu
- Boxing Results: Jose Pedraza defeats Javier Molina, Efe Ajagba Decisions Rice
- Daniel Jacobs could face Gabe Rosado or John Ryder in the fall
- Hearn wants Wilder to speak up about Fury fight
- Chisora responds to Usyk while taking body shots from David Haye