Hide believes Haye and Chisora should receive a slap on the hands for brawl
By William Mackay: Former heavyweight champion Herbie Hide doesn’t believe that either David Haye or Dereck Chisora should be suspended or banned from boxing for taking part in a post-fight brawl last Saturday night in Munich, Germany. Hide doesn’t see any point in having them banned, and feels they should get off with a light penalty.
Hide told Sky Sports News “I just think they should be slapped on the hands, and tell them not to do it again. They weren’t fighting anyone and it took place outside if the ring. They were fighting in another country, Germany. I don’t think they should be fined”
Hide sees it a case for Chisora and Haye to be let off easy. The thing here is the threat that Chisora made to Haye where he talked about wanting to shoot him. I can see the British Boxing Board of Control not being overly concerned with the fact that Haye punched Chisora when he walked up to confront him at the press conference. It’s an issue obviously but the major thing would appear to be the comment that Chisora made about wanting to hurt Haye.
That may hurt Chisora because he already had been acting out recently by slapping Vitali Klitschko and spitting water into the face of his brother IBF/WBA/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko. I don’t think the British Boxing Board is going to see things the same way as Hide and just let both Haye and Chisora get off easy. One of them is going to get hit hard by this and perhaps both. Haye doesn’t have a boxing license right now given that he’s retired, but when it comes to him trying to get it renewed, he could find himself facing some roadblocks. Hide is a fellow boxer and he’s obviously going to side with other fighters in trying to keep them from having their careers ruined by a suspension or lifetime ban.
More Boxing News:
- Covid-19 – Boxing Schedule Update: JOSHUA VS. PULEV POSTPONED
- Whyte-Povetkin, Selby-Kambosos & Usyk-Chisora POSTPONED
- Joshua: ‘Chisora will give Usyk problems’
- Hearn says Whyte vs. Povetkin & Usyk vs. Chisora likely POSTPONED
- Usyk looking beyond Chisora, wants Joshua and Fury
- Shakur Stevenson: I’m taking over the 130-lb division’
- Joshua says Mike Tyson would have beaten Muhammad Ali
- Dillian Whyte’s mandatory title shot still looking good for February – Eddie Hearn
- Ryan Garcia says he can HELP Terence Crawford with outside of ring persona
- Keith Thurman discusses his fight with Manny Pacquiao