Haye: I hit Chisora with my fist; I wasn’t drinking beer, only lemonade
By William Mackay: Former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye is denying that he hit Dereck Chisora with a bottle when he struck him after the Vitali Klitschko vs. Chisora fight last week at the after fight press conference in Munich, Germany. Haye also denies that he was drinking beer, saying it was a lemonade bottle he was holding.
Haye told That Sunday Night Show “It wasn’t a beer, either. It was a bottle of lemonade. It was a glass bottle but I didn’t hit him with that bottle. I hit him with my fist. If I’d had my mobile phone in my hand, it would have been my mobile phone. If I’d had a hotdog in my hand, it would have been. If I could rewind time, of course I wouldn’t go down there, but you can’t rewind time.”
A lot of boxing fans think Haye hit Chisora with a bottle, because there was a shattering sound the moment that Haye hit Chisora with a right hand to the jaw. Haye could have dropped the bottle a fraction of a second before he connected with a right hand, but because of the blurry video, it’s hard to see his right hand until after it had already connected to Chisora’s face. Chisora believes that Haye hit him with a bottle and this is why he kept saying “He glassed me” over and over again.
The outcome of this fight still has yet to be determined. Haye still needs to meet with the German police and there’s a question whether he’ll be allowed to get his boxing license back if and when he reapplies for it with the British Boxing Board of Control.
Chisora could face suspension by the WBC or British Boxing Board of Control, but it’s believed that Chisora likely won’t be permanently banned from the sport.
More Boxing News:
- Chisora: Wladimir Klitschko CAN’T help Usyk inside the ring
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- David Haye: WBC can give Dillian Whyte a Gold or Platinum title
- David Haye: I’ll come out of retirement for Joshua-Fury winner
- Anthony Joshua MUST fight Oleksandr Usyk first – Alex Krassyuk
- New options for Canelo Alvarez’s fight in September
- Adrien Broner says he’s going back to the STREETS without $10 million
- Julio Cesar Martinez – is he the next star at 112?
- Fury wants to surpass Mayweather and Canelo with biggest contract
- Devin Haney vs. Luke Campbell – Hearn wants this next