Broner: If Perez makes a mistake in the 1st round, he’s going to go in that round
By Eric Thomas: Undefeated WBO super featherweight champion Adrien Broner (22-0, 18 KO’s) defends his title on Saturday night against Eloy Perez (23-0-2, 7 KO’s) in a fight televised by HBO at the Scottrade Center in Saint Louis, Missouri. Broner, 22, who comes from Cincinnati, Ohio, sees the #1 World Boxing Organization contender Perez as being no different than the previous 22 opponents that Broner has beaten during his career. Broner sees himself stopping Perez and impressing boxing fans watching at home on HBO.
Broner told RingTV “The fights going to go however Adrien “The Problem” Broner wants it to go. You know, if I feel like I’ve got him in position and he makes a mistake in the first round, then the fight will be over in the first round.”
Broner is 100% right about that, because he’s got a lot of power and is so good at catching his opponents off guard with his counter punching ability. With Broner, all it takes is one big shot and his opponents are sufficiently hurt enough for him to land a few other well aimed shots to take them out. Broner fights a lot like Floyd Mayweather Jr. with his fighting style. If you were to look at Broner fighting with a fuzzy television screen where you couldn’t see his face, you’d swear that you’re watching Mayweather Jr. Broner has Mayweather’s style completely down pact from the shoulder roll to the check left hook that Mayweather likes to use in his fights. Broner isn’t as fast as Mayweather, but he hurts guys a lot more with his shots than Mayweather is doing nowadays at welterweight.
If Perez makes a mistake against Broner this Saturday night, he’ll be quickly taken out.
More Boxing News:
- Haney sends duck message to Tank, Broner, Lomachenko, Ryan and Teofimo
- Devin Haney intrigued by Adrien Broner fight
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz
- Adrien Broner and Devin Haney interested in fighting
- Adrien Broner: If I return to 135, I’ll destroy the weight class
- Errol Spence Jr motivated by the doubters
- Charlo vs. Derevyanchenko and Jermell vs Rosario preview & prediction
- Josh Taylor vs. Apinun Khongsong this Saturday on Sept.26
- Sergiy Derevyanchenko training camp quotes for Saturday against Jermall Charlo
- Kell Brook: I can hurt Terence Crawford 100%