Chisora vs. Klitschko: Why does Dereck often wear sunglasses when around Vitali?
By Scott Gilfoid: Dereck Chisora (15-2, 9 KO’s) comes across a really cocky fighter with the negative things he’s been saying about WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko (43-2, 40 KO’s) and his brother Wladimir Klitschko. Chisora acts as if he’s the champion and Vitali’s the challenger.
But what gets me is Chisora is often wearing sunglasses when he’s around Vitali, like he’s hiding his eyes. What’s up with that? When I see fighters that can’t take their sunglasses off when they’re near their opponent, it makes me think they’re afraid and they don’t want that to be spotted.
I mean, I don’t blame Chisora if he is afraid of Vitali. He needs to be because this is a fight that’s a couple levels above anything Chisora has done before. But why the sunglasses if you’re a tough guy? When I started seeing that, I completely lost respect for the guy and see him as a phony now.
I didn’t really buy his act anyway because he’s just talking without the experience or the history to back up his talk. He just lost his British heavyweight domestic level title to 22-year-old Tyson Fury just last year, so what does that tell you about Chisora? Instead of fighting for a world title, Chisora should be trying to get his gall damn domestic title back.
This whole sunglass thing with Chisora is really off-putting to me. If he’s afraid, then he needs to embrace it and not try and hide it with sunglasses. There’s no shame in Vitali seeing potential terror in his eyes. It really doesn’t matter if Chisora is 100% convinced he’s going to win or that he knows he’s going to lose, the end result is Chisora is going to go out on February 18th and take a royal beating in front of a packed house at the Olymphialle in Munich, Germany. Yeah, 50,000 German fans are going to see in the stadium, as well as many of Chisora’s British fans at home in Engand.
More Boxing News:
- Oleksandr Usyk vs. Dereck Chisora targeted for October
- Oleksandr Usyk not worried about being undersized at heavyweight
- Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev in November in front of 2,000 fans at O2
- Oleksandr Usyk sends a message to Dereck Chisora
- Dereck Chisora: Whyte is being punished for not fighting Joshua in 2019
- Gervonta Davis calling himself “130/135 King”
- Errol Spence has “screenshotted” his doubters, he’ll gloat after Nov.21
- Jermall Charlo gives Sergiy Derevyanchenko a warning: “What round is it going to be?”
- The Trio Vying For British Glory: Chad Sugden on Facing Shakan Pitters and Craig Richards
- Broner: Tank Davis will fight Ryan Garcia after Leo Santa Cruz