Saul “Canelo” Alvarez destined to be great!
Since I first saw Canelo Alvarez early 2010 I knew the young man from Mexico was something special.
He boxes beautiful, adjusts to his opponents, has a distinct look and has a great posture. Forgive me if I disrespect you for saying he kind of reminds me of a young Floyd Mayweather Jr. I’m not saying that he has the same style or on the same league but his ability to adapt and how quick he’s developing and getting recognition. He’s only 21 years old and he’s a legit world champion.
If Golden Boy Promotions steer him in the directions he will be a box office hit in America and in Mexico forget it he’s a God. His only competition there is Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and he was born with an advantage. Personally I think Canelo is more exciting to see. I see Canelo on the pound for pound list very soon especially if he can win a fight against an other champion in the division. I’ve always wondered why he competes at such a high weight division as he is very young and is on the smaller side if I dare say.
If it is possible for him to make 147 or 150 he can get more interesting fights. Since he is young I don’t see why he would have a problem slimming down. Mexico should be proud of having such a all around boxer. No offense to Mexico or it’s boxers but most great Mexican warriors are kind of built similar. Great chins, eternal stamina, respectable power and a heart of a lion but usually lack superb boxing skills. Not all but most. Which in my opinion is you have all the others then you have the tools to win.
But Canelo has great boxing skills, amazing power, some speed, heart and charisma although I think his stamina is not elite as his other countrymen. That said Canelo is still a force to be reckon with and still not in his prime. I do fear him getting thrown in with a savvy veteran who can still pull the trigger like a Miguel Cotto. It would crumble Saul’s amazing journey he has ahead of him. And I do want to see Saul’s full potential as he is one of the keys to keep boxing alive. I’d like to know what do you the boxing fan think of Canelo Alvarez and where he’s headed.
Is he a hype? Or is he in the real deal?
More Boxing News:
- Roberto Diaz doubts Canelo Alvarez fights on September 12
- Benavidez wants Berlanga, Canelo, Plant & Saunders
- Canelo Alvarez unlikely to fight on September 12
- Canelo Alvarez’s first choice is Callum Smith says Eddie Hearn
- Canelo Alvarez: Who will he fight next on September 12th?
- David Benavidez 2.8 pounds overweight, loses WBC title for Roamer Angulo fight
- Porter analyzes Errol Spence vs. Danny Garcia, expects to fight the winner
- VIDEO: Featherweights – Boxing Survey Series Part 3
- Teofimo Lopez to be made ‘Franchise champion’ if he beats Vasiliy Lomachenko
- Andy Ruiz Jr. and Chris Arreola have agreed to fight in late 2020