Marquez beats Pacquiao again, but fails to get the win – What else is new?
Do you honestly think Marquez, a fighter who isn’t as popular as Pacquiao, will ever get a decision against him? I know I don’t. Other than knocking Pacquiao out, I don’t see Marquez ever being able to beat Pacquiao because the judges just don’t seem to be willing to side against boxing’s big money fighter.
When you’re the king, decisions just seem to go your way, and Pacquiao is clearly the king right now. I don’t know why they even have the fights to be honest other than just for kicks, and to see how Pacquiao will do. There’s no suspense because you can’t beat Pacquiao by decision. We’ve seen that in Marquez’s three fights already with Pacquiao.
In all three fights, Marquez appeared to win in my view, and each time he wasn’t given the win. You’d think he’d have understood that by now. It doesn’t matter if they have a fourth or a fifth fight, I can’t see Marquez ever being given the decision.
Pacquiao is too much of a star and I think that automatically counts for four rounds in the bank right off the bat. We’re not even talking about just two rounds, I see it as a four rounds.
Pacquiao just seems to be given the nod by the judges at this point. It’ll take another popular fighter like Mayweather for Pacquiao to lose by a decision, but don’t hold your breath waiting for Pacquiao to be matched against Mayweather because that’s just not happening.
Pacquiao is being put in with Top Rank fighters for the most part, and the last person we’ll ever likely seeing Pacquiao fight is Mayweather.
I can see Bob Arum eventually letting Pacquiao fight Mayweather when it’s either the last fight of Pacquiao’s career or if he’s showing signs of being on his last leg and about to lose to pretty much anyone.
At that point I can see Arum cashing out on Pacquiao by outing him in with Mayweather for a big payday loss. Pacquiao will lose badly when that fight is eventually made but I don’t see it happening until Pacquiao is nearly completely shot or fighting his last fight. At that point there would be no reason anymore to keep him away from Mayweather because there would be nothing to lose anymore.
More Boxing News:
- Jose Ramirez: Mikey Garcia hits harder than Manny Pacquiao
- Mikey Garcia: ‘Manny Pacquiao WANTS a fight with me’
- Mikey Garcia has Manny Pacquiao at top of his list for his next opponent
- Amir Khan denies being put DOWN by Manny Pacquiao in sparring
- Golovkin will HURT Pacquiao says trainer Abel Sanchez
- Carlos Takam 245.7 lbs vs. Jerry Forrest 225.6 lbs – weigh-in results
- Saunders: I’m NOT a stepping stone for Canelo
- Tyson Fury helps out cut-man that saved him against Otto Wallin
- Eddy Reynoso: Ryan Garcia will knockout Luke Campbell
- Dillian Whyte parts ways with trainer Mark Tibbs