Khan manager unhappy that Judah not talking with British media
By Eric Thomas: Asif Vali, the manager for WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (25-1, 17 KO’s), is unhappy with IBF light welterweight champion Zab Judah (41-6, 28 KO’s), who isn’t talking with British media due to him not being given a cut of the British pay-per-view money that Khan will be keeping to himself for the Judah fight.
Judah had little choice but to accept these terms or else look in another direction. However, like a lot of people who feel that they’ve been given less than what they want, Judah has decided to show his displeasure by not speaking to the British media. This was evident today in the press conference with Khan. Judah wasn’t taking questions from British reporters.
Vali said this to Sky Sports News on Judah’s behavior: “It’s wrong for Zab not to be involved in any media work. Amir Khan has been involved in promoting the fight since it was announced. He’s done everything. He’s done interviews across the world, so why Zab’s not getting involved I have no idea about.”
Khan, naturally, is selling the fight in a big way because the more he sells it in the UK the more pay per view sales he’ll be able to drum up. But with Judah not sharing in the PPV money, he is only willing thus far to give interviews to non-British. Khan perhaps didn’t see this coming when he decided not to share the British PPV money with Judah. In hindsight, it might have been better had Khan at least given Judah a small portion, if not half. Judah does a good job of promoting a fight when he’s properly motivated.
More Boxing News:
- Zab Judah: Teofimo is hungry, will give Lomachenko big problems
- Zab Judah talks Devin Haney vs. Gary Russell Jr squabbles
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence Jr vs. Danny Garcia is 50-50 fight says Amir Khan
- Oleksandr Usyk ready to “explode” against Dereck Chisora on Saturday
- Dave Allen taking risky fight against Christopher Lovejoy on Saturday
- VIDEO: Floyd is Right – Too many belts in Boxing
- Opinion: PPVs and Subscriptions – The Cost of Consuming Boxing
- Kell Brook – The Last Dance!