Khan: HBO think I’m the best British fighter, the most skillful
By William Mackay: WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan (25-1, 17 KO’s) seems to have the problem that fellow Brit David Haye had with his ego, and it might be a good thing for Khan to take a nice beating on Saturday night so that his feet can touch ground finally.
Khan is starting to sound more than a little cocky after a handful of wins over against mostly decent but not necessarily really good opposition. Khan faces IBF light welterweight champion Zab Judah (41-6, 28 KO’s) on Saturday night, and has been looking past this fight almost since day one towards a hoped for fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr.
In a BBC interview, Khan was in his normal bragging mood, saying “Pound for pound, I’m way ahead of all the other British fighters, and I think think people know that. HBO think I’m the best British fighter, the most skillful and the most exciting to watch.”
Khan is really starting to get full of himself it seems. I don’t see Khan as being the best fighter in the UK. Carl Froch is clearly better without all the flaws that Khan has going for him. And even Haye, is arguably a much more exciting fighter than watching Khan slap and run. Khan hasn’t had too many exciting fights other than his bout against Marcos Maidana, and that was Maidana that made it exciting with his constant pressure. If you remember, Khan was actually running from Maidana for the first nine rounds until tiring in the 10th and getting staggered from a right hand.
Judah would be doing Khan a big favor if he knocks him out, because Khan would then realize he’s not as good as he thinks he is and he could start focusing on working on his flaws.
More Boxing News:
- Zab Judah: Teofimo is hungry, will give Lomachenko big problems
- Zab Judah talks Devin Haney vs. Gary Russell Jr squabbles
- Amir Khan says Terence Crawford can beat Floyd Mayweather
- Amir Khan says Kell Brook doesn’t want to fight him
- Errol Spence Jr vs. Danny Garcia is 50-50 fight says Amir Khan
- Shawn Porter: Demetrius Andrade beats Jermall Charlo
- Jermall Charlo being avoided by Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin?
- Teofimo warns Lomachenko: ‘I’m putting hands on you on October 17th’
- Mairis Briedis considering a move to heavyweight
- Pacquiao has started training after Conor McGregor Tweet