Wladimir: Haye is like a chicken running around
By William Mackay: IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49 KO’s) is ready pulverize WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (25-1, 23 KO’s) in the beginning of next month and put the British fighter out of his misery to send him into retirement on a sad note when the two go at it on July 2nd at the Imtech Arena in Hamburg, Germany.
In the recent meeting on HBO with Max Kellerman, Wladimir had some biting comments towards Haye, saying “David Haye is a want to be. You’re like a chicken running around. If I were you, I’d shut up.”
Haye looked mighty uncomfortable with Wladimir’s comments and said “It’s going to be a great fight.” Wladimir then smiled at Haye, knowing that he had seen fear in Haye’s eyes and won yet another psychological battle with the smaller 6’2″ Haye.
As usual, Haye said this in response to Kellerman’s question of how he’s going to beat Wladimir, “With more speed and more skill than what he has. He’s never fought anyone like that before, especially someone that’s not fat and out of shape. You’re fighting someone that’s really prepared.”
Something in Wladimir’s eyes makes you wonder about Haye’s chances. Wladimir literally looked like he’s ready to do some serious harm to Haye. You can’t fake that look. Wladimir had a look in his eyes like he really badly wants to hurt Haye. I don’t like Haye’s chances. He has the appearance of a victim, another Odlanier Solis going to his destruction in a 1st round knockout loss to Vitali Klitschko. I can’t see Haye doing much in this fight other than running around like he’s been doing against Nikolay Valuev and Audley Harrison and getting beaten up and taken out.
More Boxing News:
- Mike Tyson, Andre Ward, Anthony Joshua & more Showtime Classics in June
- Evander Holyfield training with Wladimir Klitschko
- Chisora: Wladimir Klitschko CAN’T help Usyk inside the ring
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- Banks recalls Wladimir Klitschko letting Anthony Joshua off the hook
- Andy Lee: Tyson Fury mentally BREAKS Anthony Joshua and stops him
- Mayweather & Haney working out on mitts; Tank Davis still a problem
- Luis Ortiz fighting in August or September, wants Mike Tyson
- Errol Spence GLOATING on taking Keith Thurman’s spot at the top of 147 lb division
- Gervonta Davis days with Mayweather Promotions could be numbered