Wladimir: Haye belongs in the cruiserweight division; I’m not impressed with him
By William Mackay: IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (55-3, 49 KOs) says he’s going to bring reality to WBA heavyweight champion David Haye (25-1, 23 KO’s) this Saturday night in their long awaited heavyweight match to decide who is the better of the two fighters.
WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko, the older brother of Wladimir, wanted the first crack at Haye but he lost a coin flip with Wladimir and had to settle for fighting Tomasz Adamek in Poland. Wladimir says he doesn’t see anything from Haye that he’s particularly impressed with and sees him as all mouth and not a true heavyweight.
Wladimir said this to the BILD: “He has made a name for himself with his mouth, not through his fights. He is a would be heavyweight boxer. Actually, he belongs in the cruiserweight division.”
Haye sees this as an easy fight – or at least that’s what he’s been saying to the media. The real truth is probably something completely different, as Haye seems to be genuinely worried judging by all the talk that he’s been doing lately. He’s never talked this much before a fight and he seems unable to give Wladimir any credit for anything other than coming into the fight in good shape.
There is a big size different between them and Haye is going to have to do something fast in the fight because he didn’t look good in his one fight at heavyweight where he was forced to take shot in his 9th round TKO win over John Ruiz last year.
More Boxing News:
- Evander Holyfield training with Wladimir Klitschko
- Chisora: Wladimir Klitschko CAN’T help Usyk inside the ring
- David Haye discusses coming out of retirement for Joshua vs. Fury winner
- Banks recalls Wladimir Klitschko letting Anthony Joshua off the hook
- David Haye: WBC can give Dillian Whyte a Gold or Platinum title
- Keith Thurman to Manny Pacquiao: GIVE me a rematch
- Joshua vs. Pulev possible for smaller venue in UK
- Jamel Herring and Jonathan Oquendo have agreed to terms for July 2 on ESPN in Las Vegas
- Devin Haney hanging with Mayweather, says Teofimo Lopez never sent offer
- Dillian Whyte wants Francis Ngannou fight